Chapter 40

"Revelations and Betrayals"

Author's Pov

Y/n's fork toyed with her food, her hands restless, while a heavy sigh escaped her lips. Her gaze pierced through the room, fixing on the countertop where her parents stood.

Her mother, Park Ari, diligently cooked, her eyes focused on the task at hand. It had been days since Y/n's last visit.

Quietly, Y/n's father, Park Yoon, aided her with the household chores.

Mrs. Park, full of motherly affection, placed a steaming dish on the table and her husband followed  carrying others.

With tender affection, Mrs. Park patted Y/n's head as she took her seat beside her daughter.

"Why aren't you eating, Y/n?" Mrs. Ari asked, observing her daughter's listless food play.

"Look how thin she's become in recent months," Mr. Yoon added, concern etched on his face as he regarded Y/n.

"Eomma, appa, there's something I need to ask," Y/n said, her voice trembling with emotions, as she took a deep breath and locked eyes with her parents.

Both Mrs. Ari and Mr. Yoon felt their hearts race, anticipating that their daughter was about to announce something significant.

"Am I your biological daughter?"

---

Flashback

Y/n, feeling a wave of nausea, plugged in her headphones in an attempt to pass the time inside the cab.

Staying close to Jungkook was nothing new to Momo; it was a pattern she had grown accustomed to.

The cab jolted to a sudden stop, causing Y/n's entire body to sway.

"Sir, what's happening?" Y/n politely inquired, puzzled by the abrupt halt.

"Apologies, ma'am. Another car cut me off and stopped right in front," the cab driver explained.

Y/n peered ahead and saw none other than her friend Taehyung stepping out of the car.

"What on earth are you doing?" Y/n demanded as Taehyung opened the cab's door.

"I don't have time to explain; just come with me," Taehyung insisted, taking Y/n's hand and guiding her out of the cab.

"Driver, go on," Taehyung instructed, ushering Y/n to sit beside him in the front.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asked, her gaze fixed on Taehyung.

"To the Blue Sky Pab," Taehyung replied cryptically.

"Why?" Y/n probed further.

"You'll find out," Taehyung cryptically replied.

---

The Blue Sky Pab

Since it was early in the morning, there were only a few employees working at the Pab. Y/n couldn't help but examine the decor inside.

"Whose place is this?" Y/n inquired, her eyes scanning the interior.

"Mine," Taehyung answered before discreetly instructing an employee, "Clear out the place."

As the place emptied, Taehyung urged Y/n to take a seat.

"Now, explain why you brought me here," Y/n demanded, her anxiety growing.