①⑧

Everly's POV
We're at Ari's house in L.A for the weekend. The babies are asleep and Jake and Teagal are playing video games.

Carrie and I are sat in the kitchen with the adults.

"I don't get any of this. Babe?" Mom holds out the iPad to Dad who takes it from her.

"What is it?" Matt asks.

"A bank statement." Dad says, looking at the screen.

"Since when have you looked at those?" Dalton asks.

"Well, seeing as Everly is now on a modelling contract, the money she is making is in stable amounts." Dad explains.

"Which means I get that money." I grin.

"Check you out! Making money for yourself." Carrie cheers loudly, hugging me.

Maisy wakes up and starts crying and Mom sighs, picking her up from the crib.

"Nice one, Car." Ari smirks.

"I'm sorry." Carrie apologises.

"That's okay, I was only awake for five hours trying to get her to sleep last night and then it took me about two hours to settle her now, so it's no problem that she's awake again." Mom says sarcastically, rocking Maisy in her arms.

"Sorry Liz." Carrie hugs her.

"It's alright Carrie." Mom smiles, hugging her back before starting to feed Maisy.

"Anyway Carrie, I've always made my own money but now it's more than I've ever had so it needs to go to my account." I say.

"And that's what I'm sorting out." Dad says, putting the iPad down.

"Jesus, why do you give to so many dog rescue charities?" Ariana asks, peering at the bank statement.

"Oh, that'll be because the kids want a dog so badly that donating to rescue shelters was the only compromise for silence." Dad rolls his eyes.

"Why not just get a dog?" Dalton asks.

"Yeah dad, why not just get a dog?" I ask.

"We have spoken about this many times, Everly. You know the answer." Mom says.

"They are so much work, Everly. Your mom and I couldn't have kids until we didn't have Otis anymore." Dad says.

"Said so gently." Mom rolls her eyes.

"May he rest in peace." Dad says, kissing Mom's cheek.

"I have a puppy." Carrie says.

"And who feeds it?" Matt asks.

"Well, Flyer is a family dog." Carrie says.

"I still don't understand why we can't have a dog." I groan.

"Everly, like I said, we have been over this many times. Maisy is still too young to have a puppy running around the house, and even if your sister was older, you and the twins can't look after a dog." Mom explains.

"That shut you down." Carrie laughs.

"We can look after a dog!" I try.

"Hun, you couldn't look after Crumbs." Dad reminds me.

"Who the hell is Crumbs?" Ariana asks.

"Remember that gross little hamster Everly got given for Christmas when she was three?" Mom asks.

"I gave her that!" Matt pouts.

"And I've never forgiven you for it." Mom points out.

"I was three! It's not my fault that he escaped and ran away forever." I protest.