②③

~NOTES~
The next plot of the story was voted for on Instagram... and there's a second plot running along side so it's about to get busy! Look out for a very fluffy and wholesome Liz & Carrie moment at the end. Enjoy :)

Liz's POV

Michael and I are sitting watching a movie in the living room.

"The kids all in bed?" I ask him.

"Yep. Everly is with Aby and Carrie and Kaden but they know to keep the noise down because of the others." Michael says.

"Alright. Thanks for everything today." I kiss his cheek.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I know you helped my parents get here to surprise us. And it means a lot that you did that." I say and he smiles.

"Of course." Michael kisses me softly and I lean into him.

We hear a door slam downstairs and then Everly comes running upstairs.

"Are you okay?" Michael asks.

"What's going on?" I ask as Carrie walks in.

"I just saw Ari and Matt kissing." Everly blurts out then turns and sees Carrie stood behind her.

"What?!"

    ——————————————————

"Carrie!" Ariana exclaims.

"We can explain, goldie." Matt says quickly.

"I fucking hope so." Carrie spits.

"This wasn't how we wanted you to find out." Matt says softly.

"Why isn't everyone else shocked... you know. You all know, don't you!" Carrie yells, tearing up.

"Michael and Liz know because Liz found out much the same way as Everly did." Matt explains.

"I don't believe this." Carrie shakes her head.

"It's not a huge deal though, Carrie. I promise." Ariana says.

"Maybe not for you." Carrie sneers.

"Okay, Everly let's go upstairs." Michael says and leads Everly away.

"I think you should tell Carrie the whole story." I suggest.

"You knew about them and you didn't tell me? You told me I could trust you, Liz!" Carrie cries.

"Honey, it wasn't my place to say anything. You can trust me. You can trust us all." I say gently.

"Let's sit down and talk." Matt says, taking Carrie's hand and sitting down on the couch.

I sit on the opposite couch with Ari, rubbing her back slightly.

"Start from the beginning, Matt." Ari says.

"Ariana and I have been seeing each other casually for about a month now. You know that Ari is divorced and I've only had a couple of girlfriends since I was with your mom, but they didn't work out past the second dates." Matt explains.

"Dad, I don't care about that. I want to know why you two are together." Carrie says.

"Ari and I were both up really late a little while ago for work and I ended up staying at her place. We got to talking and I won't gross you out with details but we spent the night together and since then we've been on a few dates." Matt says slowly.

"It started out because it was convenient but actually we have stronger feelings for each other now. But Carrie, if this upsets you or makes you feel uncomfortable, we will put an end to it. I mean that, sweetie. I love you and I could never put you in a position like that." Ariana says.