2.12| VISITATION OF THE GHOST

Edited: December 3, 2023

Now playing
Visitation of the Ghost by The Brobecks

Ben and Ashlyn sat together as he worked on her injured arm while Elaine leaned against the couch, patching up her wounded leg.

SMASH!

"Aye, look! Another weapon!" Aiden grinned, holding a smashed bottle.

"Hey watch it!" Tyler yelled, "You should've done that in the bathroom, now there's glass everywhere!"

Logan stood from his seat, "I-I'll get the broom."

Ashlyn sat watching the twins take the legs off if a chair, focusing more on the boy. "Dont think about it too much." Elaine said suddenly to the girl. The green eyed girl gave her a confused look to which the hazel eyed replied, "You're thinking 'Was I too harsh on him?' And the answer to that is: No, no you were not." She wrapped bandages around her leg.

"He deserves to know his place." She grumbled as she bit down on her tongue, tying a knot to hold the bandages in place.

Aiden noticed Ashlyn flinch to Ben cleaning her arm and walked over and sat next to Elaine. "You wanna hold onto this?" He said to the redhead, to which she nodded.

"...Thanks." "Yep!"

"Y'know, I never took you two as the 'leader' type." Aiden said to the both.

"...I'm not but my parents are." Ashlyn said as Ben wrapped her arm in bandages.

Aiden hummed, "Your parents?"

Ashlyn sighed, "They're both from the military, along with her dad." She motioned to the ravenette, which made her look up and nod slightly.

Aiden smiled at this, "Ah I get it. So y'all are used to being told what to do in a situation like this." He looked between the two.

Elaine shrugged, "Well not a situation like this." She rolled her pant leg down.

"Then do you know self defense?"

"I've took a few kickboxing classes and, I'm pretty sure, she went to karate for a few years." The redhead said moving her arm a bit, "Thanks, Ben, you're pretty good at this." She complemented.

"Lol yeah, he's used to patching me up." Aiden chuckled.

"...From?" Elaine rose a brow, picking at her nails.

"Mm, various things? Skateboard tricks, rock climbing, hiking, jumping off of tall places, stuff like that." He listed with a small smile.

'Anyone could've guessed that. I mean look at him! He screams thrill junkie! Elaine picked the small knots out of her wavy hair with her hands.

Ashlyn stood from the floor and picked up one of the chair legs, "How many of these do we have?" She asked the twins.

"Uh, eight including the ones we're taking off right now. So at least one for all of us, maybe one of us would have two." Taylor replied. "It's been a while now, do- do you think the monsters are gone?"

"They're...still outside the door." Ashlyn almost hesitated, "I can hear them but...not in a normal way."

"What do you mean?" Logan questioned.

"...Remember how I said I had sensitive ears?" She squatted down to the floor.

Aiden gasped, "Oh thats right! You can hear them outside or something?"

"Sort of. They make a certain... sound that I don't think you guys can hear." She turned her head.

"Can you get to the point, already?" Tyler grunted.

Ashlyn huffed in annoyance, "The thing is, because of how loud everything is to me, I hear 'phantom noises' as a side effect. Sounds that aren't really there." She continued. "In the Sorrel Weed House I was hearing a phantom noise when I saw the monster...I believed it was just a type of hallucination....

but then it grabbed me."

"I saw some too, before yesterday." Elaine cut in, everyone turned their heads to the girl in confusion. "It was the last time I had went there, with my mom and brother. About a year ago."

"And why didn't you say anything." The older brunette seethed.

The ravenette groaned, "Same as Ash, thought it was a hallucination or something." She leaned her head on the armrest of the couch, a headache forming.

"A hallucination grabbed you, injured you, and that all of us had seen? And you thought that wasn't real?" Tyler countered with a scoff.

Elaine huffed, rolling her eyes, "You thought it was some prank and-"

"Never mind that. It doesn't matter right now." Ashlyn cut her off. "What I'm getting at here, is that I can hear and locate them when you guys can't."

Probably?