6.39| BAD THINGS

NOW PLAYING
BAD THINGS by CULTS

'Not many phantoms anymore...I can't tell if that's good or not..' The girl thought to herself, her hands gripping the steering wheel and turning right; reaching a road that goes by a cliff.

Dodging the abandoned cars, following the motorcycle ahead of them. 'El's a liar...driving is not fun AT ALL.'

"Watch the cliff. Be careful. Slow when turning." Elaine guided through her earpiece, remembering the girl's lack of experience when it came to driving.

"Got it." She said simply. Slowing her speed when turning the curve around the cliff.

Ashlyn tapped the button on her earpiece, contacting the ravenette. "El, watch your surroundings." After she had said that, the motorcycle next to them sped up ways ahead. The high school not far ahead.

"What the fu-" There was a root in the road, causing the vehicle to jump a bit. The road started ti become more rough, bumpy.

"The road in this area is usually well maintained." Logan spoke from the passenger seat.

"Maybe we should find a different road. I'll tell Ela-!"Ashlyn's eyes widened, her heart pounding against herself. She foot pressed down on the gas, almost reaching the same speed as the biker.

"Hey! What's with the speed?!" Tyler shouted from the backseat. "Shit!" They hit another root. "Ashlyn, what are you doing?" He didn't receive a response.

"Ashlyn?" Taylor spoke, sweatdropping at the look on the redhead's face. Her eyes were wide, focused ahead. Her pupils small.

"Something- ...somethings in the trees." The Jeep rattled again, running over another root.

"Call Elaine!" The twin boy demanded, "We need to turn back!"

"This can't be good." Taylor whispered, looking back.

"We can't." "Why not?!" The redhead and brunette bickered.

"Because...it's right behind us."