6.40| KARMA POLICE

NOW PLAYING
KARMA POLICE by RADIOHEAD

"Should I try shooting it?" Logan breathed, his gun ready. The large creature just barely behind them, sending rubles to the ground with each step it took.

"No. It could end up attracting mo-!"

BANG!

"What the-?"

BANG!

"Is that Elaine?!"

BANG!

The ravenette and the blond had ended up switching places, leaving Aiden to drive and Elaine backpacking. Reloading the pistol in her hand, she shot again: BANG! Nothing happened.

"Fuck! We're gonna need something stronger to take this bitch down!" She shouted into the earpiece, turning back around to Aiden who continued to drive.

"Just worry about getting to the school!" Ashlyn replied, worry in her tone.

"Ten-four—! Aiden!" She screamed when the bike shook out of control until it straightened up. "Be careful!" She had to remember he knows little to nothing about driving an engine power death trap.

"Sorry!" "It's fine. Just try to stay aligned." The told him. She would try to teach him in a slower pace if they were in different circumstances but they weren't so she had to do with what she had. "Snake through the pillars. Carefully. Please."

'The hell is going on!? First the creatures change, now the environment?!' Elaine's thoughts screamed.

The ground jumped again, the girl looked back at the commotion, opening the visor on her helmet. The creature almost caught them. Elaine's hazel eyes met Ashlyn's green ones, both wide and focused. "Are you all okay?"

"We're fine. The door is pretty banged up though." The redhead confirmed, staring at the ravenette who nodded, turning back around and wrapping her arms around the blond.

Aiden swerved around the roots, only hitting a few of them but the Jeep riders weren't as lucky. The vehicle bounced as it drove over the thick roots and steered around empty cars.

THUD. The hard sound of something, moreover someone, hitting the broken-gravel road.

"TYLER!"