3.16| GONE GONE GONE

Edited: December 3, 2023

Now playing
Gone, Gone, Gone by Philip Philips

"I still don't see why you had to follow me to pick up some tools for my dad." Elaine spoke as she kicked her skateboard up to her hand, grabbing it and walking inside the post office with the two boys following her.

Aiden shrugged with a smile. "Just in case of an emergency." The girl gave him a look, knowing that he said that he had already said that. "But like your way of going there. Shortcuts. We did the same for Ash."

The ravenette nodded and walked up to the front desk. "Hello, Elaine." The receptionist spoke with a smile. "How's your father?"

The receptionist, Red, was a sweet woman with long brown hair and always wore a red beanie. Thats why everyone calls her Red.

"Good." She smiled back, "Speaking of my father, is there a package here for him?" She leaned on the tall counter.

The older woman typed on her computer quickly. She turned back the the teenagers, handing the girl a silver key on a yellow paper keychain. "One came in today for him. Have a good day, sweetheart."

Elaine nodded and walked over to the P.O. boxes and unlocked the one that was rented out to the girl and her father. Opening the metal door, a decent sized brown box sat inside.

Elaine skated up to her dad's shop. "Wade's N' Wayne's" is a shop to fix up vehicles. Her dad and her uncle, Wayne, share ownership. "Whatever you do, don't leave my side while I'm in here." She said earning a nod from both.

"Dad!" The girl yelled as she walked into the workshop, the two boys still following her. "Where are you?"

Still walking through the garage, she spotted one of the newer workers. J.B. Short for Johnny Boy, real name: Johnny. The 'Boy' part was added because he was more on the younger side. Nineteen. A rookie.
He had an undercut, light peach blonde hair, blue eyes, suntanned skin.

Elaine ran up to the young man, both boys still following. "J.B.! Where's my dad?"

The taller male threw the rag he held over his shoulder and looked down at the younger girl, "No 'Hey, Johnny, how's it goin'?' Or just a simple 'Heya, John.'." He spoke more raspy to imitate her.

Aiden laughed at the way he spoke. Elaine ignored him, "Aw, ya' know I would never call ya' that." Her southern accent slipped through into her words, shocking the smiley boy next to her but went unnoticed to the girl. "But really, where's my dad?"

"Since when are you in your office?" She barged into her dad's office. The room was small, kind of dusty, plain. Rarely used. Like a gym membership.

"Since now." Wade didn't look up from his laptop. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?" He typed in something on the computer, still not releasing his gaze from the piece of technology.

"One: It's after five o clock. Two: you're parts came in." She placed the box on the empty space on the desk. "Also, Ben and Aiden are here." She moved over slightly, showing the two teen boys.

"Hey Mr. Anders." Aiden flashed a bright smile with his hands tucked in his pockets. While Ben just waved with a small smile on his lips.

Elaine sat in the large beanbag chair in her room, blanket thrown over her, 'Iron Man 3' playing on her computer screen that sat on her lap. She looked at the time in the bottom corner of her computer, '10:41. Almost midnight.'

'Hope the others aren't freaking out right now. Well, I wouldn't put it past 'em.' She looked at her right hand and traced her fingers over her knuckles. 'Glad we can't get scars here from there.'