Chapter 01: Sunburst

Sunburst

(Helios' Awakening Arc)

Granger (Y/n) is an inventor and a scientist. The brightest sunshine of her age.

Granger possesses a versatile bell known as Turri, which plays multiple functions as her trusty assistant. It functions as an alarm to wake her up because (Y/n) struggles with sleep due to numerous pending tasks and the Sun Devourer is an insomniac inventor. It also serves as a protective shield and can transform into a sword to attack for her.

Turri's essential function is to serve as the control panel for Apollo's Flare.

Turri, the bell, holds all of (Y/n)'s experiences and successes as a budding inventor, preserving images of her achievements through her bright eyes, embodying her sense of wonder and curiosity.

(Y/n) hails from her hometown island and is a curious scholar of the museum. Her pursuit of knowledge is driven by wonder rather than a thirst for wisdom to become the greatest inventor. She attracts tourists who come to witness her inventions and often commissions her work. Even pirates seek her out, hoping to recruit her for her inventive skills.

She held a title as renowned as "The Brightest Inventor" at the Archippo Museum, and rightfully so, given her substantial contributions to both the island and the museum. This recognition led many to conclude that (Y/n) Granger deserved a place in history, with a dedicated hall in the museum spotlighting her remarkable achievements and wisdom as an inventor.

Apollo's Flare represented just one of her ambitious dreams—to send something into space that would become a faithful companion to the sun. She firmly believed that by launching Apollo's Flare into the cosmos, she would cement her status as the Grand Line's preeminent inventor.

And she did exactly that. The launch of Apollo's Flare captured the attention of all living creatures, eliciting not only astonishment and amazement but also chaos, as everyone sought to capture none other than (Y/n) Granger herself.

"Protect Miss Granger!"

"Secure the gates!"

"Miss Granger is our top priority! Keep the pirates away!"

It happened to be (Y/n) Granger's 22nd birthday, but it was also the day her homeland fell under a savage pirate attack. She felt suffocated, her heart pounding loudly within her chest, and the clamor around her drowned out all other sounds as if her eardrums were blasted by cannons.

As she observed the island's warriors battling the pirates, fighting not only for their safety but also for hers, a pang of jealousy welled up within her. She envied their strength and physical prowess, which she lacked, possessing a small and fragile frame that rendered her incapable of facing combat head-on.

She wouldn't lie about her body — She's not insecure about it but she's not proud of it.

The fiery glow reflecting in her eyes signaled that everything unfolding was a result of her actions—the launch of Apollo's Flare. It had only been two days since she fired the space cannon, yet rumors had already spread like wildfire. (Y/n) gazed up at the night sky, a canvas of stars stretching across the dark expanse, briefly finding solace in the celestial beauty. She reached out, closing her hand as if grasping the moon, momentarily reminding herself of the world's inherent beauty. However, her gaze shifted back to the houses consumed by flames before her—a harsh and cruel contrast.

"Get to the cave!"

"Flavian! Where are you!?"

Contemplating the use of Apollo's Flare's destructive strike against the pirates, she realized it would also harm the innocent residents of the island. Unless... she glanced at the numerous boats along the shore, enough to evacuate the civilians from what she was about to do.