Chapter 07: Sunsurge

Sunsurge

Granger D. (Y/n) had never known the warmth of parents, and the concept of family remained elusive in her life. Her vocabulary seldom included the word "family." Instead, she was nurtured and educated within the walls of the Archippo Museum, where the professors themselves assumed the roles of caregivers, ensuring her well-being as she blossomed into a refined and independent woman.

The notions of being a daughter or sister were foreign and uncertain in her world. She had never been treated as such but had grown to be needed as one by her colleagues and juniors at the Archippo Museum.

However, the sight of a young child, an aspiring inventor, seeking refuge behind her legs, stirred something within her. It brought back memories of her own days as a vulnerable child, just beginning her journey as an inventor. In that moment, (Y/n) felt a powerful instinct to protect this trembling child, and it was in this role as a guardian that she truly embraced the sense of being an older sister, offering shelter and strength to the young inventor.

Amid the escalating chaos, citizens fled the scene, doing their best to steer clear of the brewing trouble. Other pirates began to join in, further complicating the situation. In hindsight, (Y/n) couldn't help but find it somewhat comical how a small drone had managed to trigger such a massive fracas.

With a resigned sigh, she stepped back just in time to gracefully evade an oncoming attack from the angered pirate who had been accidentally hit by the drone. With the young inventor under her protective wing, she ensured that he followed her every move, guiding him with care to avoid being caught in the crossfire of the relentless assaults from the irate pirate.

The irate pirate's attacks were relentless, but (Y/n) continued to gracefully dodge each one, her movements almost dancing around his furious onslaught. As she parried his strikes, she couldn't resist adding a touch of humor to the tense situation by chuckling to the pirate's efforts to lay even a single wound to her skin.

"You think this is funny, huh?" Asked by the angered pirate.

"Well, not exactly a comedy show, but I've seen better swordsmanship at a circus!"

"You think you can just dodge my punches, huh?"

"Well, I've had a lot of practice, you see. It's like a daily workout routine."

"You're mocking me, aren't you?!"

"Oh no, not at all! I'm just trying to keep things light and entertaining. Don't you think this could be in the next circus act?"

The pirate, growing increasingly frustrated by (Y/n)'s humor and agility, lunged forward with a heavy swing, but she gracefully sidestepped him once again.

"Quit dodging and fight me!"

"I'd love to, but I have this strict 'No-Fighting-Pirates-When-There's-A-Child-Involved' policy. It's been working pretty well so far."

The pirate's frustration had reached its peak. His annoyance grew with each graceful dodge and witty remark from (Y/n). He couldn't comprehend how someone of her smaller stature could so effortlessly elude his attacks.

Just when it seemed like the pirate might lose his temper completely, Bepo, ever watchful and protective of (Y/n), decided to take action. With lightning speed, the white bear lunged forward, using his powerful feet to deliver a precise and powerful kick to the pirate's head.

The pirate staggered backward, momentarily disoriented by the unexpected blow. It was a clear message that they weren't defenseless, but their priority remained on ensuring the safety of the young inventor and preventing further escalation.