Chapter 28: Sunwhisper

Sunwhisper

"See here? Suncrest Flux is also powered by the same core that powered Svargo." (Y/n) pointed to the crystal-like orb carved into the middle of the handle of the parasol, its iridescent surface shimmering softly in the dim light. "It's called the Etherian Core. My mother used this core to power up the greatest invention she created."

Penguin looked at her sadly, his expression tinged with sympathy as he took in the significance of her words. "It's just sad to know that Svargo is created for your father..." He mumbled softly, choosing not to mention the name of her father, knowing the pain it could evoke.

(Y/n) clenched her fists at her sides,
as she spoke through gritted teeth, her voice laced with resentment. "Doflamingo..." The name hung in the air like a bitter echo of the past, carrying with it a weight of betrayal and disappointment that seemed to seep into the very fabric of their surroundings.

Penguin's gaze softened, his heart heavy with the burden of (Y/n)'s revelation. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)," he murmured, his voice filled with genuine remorse. "I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to carry such a legacy."

(Y/n) shook her head, her eyes flashing with determination despite the turmoil churning within her. "It's not your fault, Penguin," she replied, her tone resolute. "But knowing the truth changes everything. I can't ignore what my father has done, but I won't let it define me either."

Penguin nodded in understanding, his admiration for (Y/n)'s strength evident in his eyes. "You're stronger than you know, (Y/n)," he said softly, offering her a reassuring smile. "And you have allies who stand with you, no matter what."

A flicker of gratitude passed through (Y/n)'s eyes as she returned Penguin's smile, her resolve bolstered by his unwavering support. "Thank you, Penguin," she said, her voice tinged with warmth. "I couldn't do this without you and the crew."

"We didn't manage to get enough information..." Penguin said, his voice heavy with disappointment. His brow furrowed in frustration as he recounted their failed attempt. "The security was harsh, and we can't afford to be found or you and Captain Law might be disqualified from the competition."

(Y/n) sighed, her shoulders slumping slightly as she absorbed Penguin's words. "I know," she replied, her tone tinged with frustration. "But we can't give up now. We need to find another way to gather the information we need."

"Besides, we have this." (Y/n) showed him the insignia she had collected from the previous stage of the competition, a gleam of hope sparking in her eyes. "Maybe this can help us to have more advantage for the next stage."

Penguin's eyes widened in realization as he examined the insignia, recognizing its significance. "You're right," he exclaimed, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "This could be our ticket to gaining an edge in the competition."

(Y/n) nodded in agreement, her confidence growing with each passing moment. "Exactly," she affirmed, her voice brimming with determination. "With this insignia, we'll be one step closer to achieving our goal."

"I told you to clean up the deck."

A low, authoritative voice cut through the quiet of the room, drawing Penguin and (Y/n)'s attention towards the entrance. There, framed by the doorway, stood Law, his tall frame imposing as ever, a silent reminder of his authority. His arms were crossed over his chest in a characteristic display of confidence, his expression unreadable beneath the shadow of his hat.

Penguin's heart skipped a beat at the sight of their captain, a nervous flutter stirring in the pit of his stomach. He could feel the weight of Law's gaze bearing down on him, and he swallowed hard, acutely aware of the scrutiny he was under. The stern set of Law's jaw only served to heighten his anxiety, leaving him feeling like a child caught misbehaving.