Chapter 7

I scratch away the itch in my nose and turn to the other side of the bed slipping into the deep slumber again

I scratch away the itch in my nose and turn to the other side of the bed slipping into the deep slumber again. Ugh! Oof! Why is it tickling in my nose again? I scrunch my nose and open my eyes to see my tiny monkey holding my dupatta like a feather and smiling sheepishly.

I try not to melt when I look at his sparkling eyes and infant cheeks. "Aww, my baby is so adorable!" Oh, my goodness! He will undoubtedly be a heartbreaker!" I attempt to suppress the smile that was attempting to appear on my face as I give him a phoney sneer. He made a puppy expression as I glared at him, climbed over me, and began giving me sweet little kisses on my face.

His charming strategies made me start chuckling. "Oof! OK, OK! You can now stop Zee! I sigh sleepily and position him on the other side of the bed, pleading with him to leave so that I may get some rest. 

"Mamma! Wake up, wake up! Please, Mumma, Poore 6 days baad aapki vacation hai! "Utho, mere saath khelo!" Zee murmured in a baby voice, looking at me, his honey-brown eyes glistening with hope, melting me to the core. Nah, my sleep is far too important, but this tiny chipmunk will not let me sleep, and it's just 8 a.m.; I can't wake up this early on a holiday. Not.

(Translation:- Please Mumma! After completing 6 days, you have a day off! Please get up and play with me)

"Zee, please let me sleep for just 1 more hour and then we will play as much as you want, but please baby not now." I plead with him, hoping he will listen and not throw any tantrums.

"Mumma..." 

"Aacha listen to me, from how many days you have not cuddled me? Cmon, come to Mumma and let's cuddle for some time and then we will play for as long as you want,
okay?" 

"Okay, Mumma!" Zee said happily while jumping into my arms and snuggling into me with a content smile. 

"Mamma..."

"Hmm?" I look at him to see him already looking at me with a smile

"Hmm?" I look at him to see him already looking at me with a smile. I smile back at him while caressing his soft cheeks and hair. "Mumma, I want to hear that song, jo aap mere liye gaate ho na, vahi vaala. I love that song!"