Chapter 20

I was utterly shocked by his words

I was utterly shocked by his words. How could someone be so heartless? Doesn't he possess even a shred of empathy for another person's feelings? I understand that I'm the last person he desires in his life, but couldn't he at least show a little humanity and treat me as such? Instead, he regards me as if I were some creature born solely for his torment. I despise him! How can he be so ruthless? I never asked him to marry me or bring me into his home; he did it all of his own accord. So, why is he venting his anger on me? What have I done to deserve this mistreatment? Why am I the one subjected to such cruelty? I look at him with hurt and anger and he is completely unbothered by it, with not even an ounce of emotion on his face. He pulls me with my hair and straightens me.

"Are you ready, little dove?" he jeered with a sinister glint, his intentions far from noble and a malevolent expression contorting his face, causing me to tremble with hate and fear. He drew me closer, positioned himself at my feet, and stooped to my eye level as he began to pose his questions.

"Remember, Vaani, only ' Yes' or 'No.' I'm not joking, and if you don't comply, you'll regret it. So, if you value your hair, answer every question accurately, as the obedient person you are," he threatened, leaving me with no choice but to nod in acquiescence.

 So, if you value your hair, answer every question accurately, as the obedient person you are," he threatened, leaving me with no choice but to nod in acquiescence

She regarded me with a potent mix of disgust, hurt, and anger. She looked at me so intensely and in fear as if even Satan would shy away from me. I couldn't help but smirk at the effect I had on her. When I attempted to reach out and touch her, she flinched so profoundly at my contact that, strangely, it affected me, stirring emotions I didn't anticipate. For some inexplicable reason, I found myself not wanting her to recoil from me or my touch. I couldn't fathom why I was acting this way toward her. I wasn't the type of person who treated women harshly; my upbringing, guided by my mother and influenced by my sister, instilled respect and the importance of listening before reacting. Yet, with this girl, I seemed to lose all patience and sanity. I grew irate when she looked in my direction or even took a breath nearby, but I felt unsettled when she wasn't in my presence or didn't pay attention to me. I couldn't fathom what was happening to me.  I had a multitude of questions swirling in my mind, and I knew I had to confront her before I reached my breaking point. I just hoped that she would answer my inquiries without displaying any attitude because I genuinely cherished her hair and had no desire to cut it. Damn,vvvvvvvvvvvvvv it! I need to regain control of my thoughts before I get too entangled in her. I can't allow myself to be trapped by her feigned innocence. I have to pull myself together.