Chapter 27

Vaani hurriedly knocked on the door, revealing Suman and Anvi engaged in a conversation

Vaani hurriedly knocked on the door, revealing Suman and Anvi engaged in a conversation. Not wanting to intrude, she attempted to leave, but Anvi, with a gentle yet firm pull, ushered her into the room, seating her on the bed. Suman and Anvi continued their discussion, diving into the details of the reception, dresses, the menu, and all the other arrangements. Mother and daughter were making a concerted effort to ensure Vaani felt as comfortable as possible. Amidst the lively chatter that filled the room, neither Suman nor Anvi noticed that Vaani had succumbed to exhaustion and fallen asleep. Simultaneously, Aanvik entered the room, quietly observing Vaani slumbering, while Suman and Anvi remained oblivious to both Vaani's and Aanvik's presence. Anvi asked Vaani a question, but when she received no response, she turned around and couldn't help but smile at how adorable Vaani looked. She gestured for Suman to take notice as well. 

Suman gazed at Vaani with love, tears welling up in her eyes. Aanvik, observing from a distance, felt confused, wondering why his mother was crying while looking at Vaani. Anvi, too, was concerned about her mother's tears and couldn't understand why she was crying when she looked at her sister-in-law.

"Maa, why are you getting emotional seeing Bhabhi?" Anvi inquired, to which Suman simply smiled, a smile that carried the weight of cherished memories, and her eyes once again brimmed with unrestrained tears.

"This child holds a special place in my heart Vi, and I swear if I find out that your brother hurts her, I will disown that pest," Suman said making Anvi chuckle and Aanvik confused as to how his mother could prefer someone who has come just 2 days ago. He just wanted to know, what came into his father's mind, that he wanted him to marry her and why his mother was so overly concerned about a girl, who she had known just for 2 days.

Aanvik decides that he needs to make his presence known. He clears his throat and both of them turn to look at him. Suman instructs her son to take Vaani to his room and not wake her up before 6 as the function is set to begin at 9 in the evening. Seeing no option, Aanvik picks Vaani in his arms and rolls his eyes at his sister's teasing. Anvi clicks their pictures and Suman smiles brightly looking at them.

Leaving them, he takes the sleeping Vaani in his arms to his room and carefully places her on the bed. He keeps looking at her face which screams nothing but innocence. He keeps wondering about this mystery sleeping with an innocent face. After a while, he leaves the room determined to find out everything about Vaani.

Vaani feels something on her waist and she wakes up with a gasp only to find Aanvik's hand on her waist she is confused as to how she got into this position with him. Vaani looks at the clock and her eyes widen at the time. She feels her stomach grumbling and she tries waking up but Aanvik's hold only tightens around her and her breath catches in her throat as she feels herself being pinned down in the bed, with Aanvik on top of her looking at her with lazy eyes and an arrogant smirk.