Chapter 32

"Kya ho raha hai yaha?" An old but authoritative voice roared through the front gate, startling everyone

"Kya ho raha hai yaha?" An old but authoritative voice roared through the front gate, startling everyone. Vaani flinched in fear and dropped the utensil she was holding, causing it to shatter into many pieces. She gasped and jumped back in shock, colliding with Aanvik and causing them both to stumble and fall to the ground with a thud. The sudden noise and commotion caught everyone's attention, causing their eyes to widen in surprise.

"Ouch! Hatiye humare upar se bahut bhaari hai aap. Ugh! Hatiye,bahut dard ho raha hai humein Mr Shekhawat!" Vaani exclaims. Aanvik looks at her with a mix of amusement and shock, while Vi's laughter echoes in the room. Unfazed, Veer rushes to the door and warmly embraces the elderly woman. Suman assists both of them in getting up from the floor. Anvi also hurries to her Dadi, seeking blessings and enveloping her in a warm hug. Laughter fills the air as the old lady shares sweet words with both Veer and Anvi. With a respectful gesture, Suman wraps her head with the pallu and greets the old lady, sharing a loose hug. Leading the way inside, she guides the old lady to the head of the dining table, where Veer was previously seated.

 Leading the way inside, she guides the old lady to the head of the dining table, where Veer was previously seated

(Smt. Padmini Manvendra Shekhawat)

Padmini observes Vaani and Aanvik adjusting their attire, prompting her to clear her throat. Aanvik responds, meeting her gaze with raised brows, and sensing her amusement, he quickly approaches to seek her blessings. Padmini smiles, affectionately ruffling his hair and pinching his cheeks, a playful routine that mildly annoys him, yet he complies with his grandmother's affectionate gestures. Once Aanvik steps aside, Padmini shifts her unwavering attention to Vaani, who remains engrossed in tidying up the fallen food. Amusement still evident in her expression, Padmini turns to Suman, inquiring about Vaani's name. Nervously, Suman discloses Vaani's name, aware of Padmini's firm adherence to cultural beliefs and her uncompromising stance on matters concerning women. Padmini's reputation for demanding attention and strict convictions intensifies the atmosphere, leaving everyone mindful of her unyielding opinions.

"Vaani Aanvik Shekhawat!" Padmini's voice reverberates through the living room, causing Vaani to flinch and drop the food again which she picked from the floor and was now holding. She starts trembling with fear as she looks at Padmini, whose stern expression and commanding presence make her feel like she's in front of a queen. Vaani feels like crying from the overwhelming fear and nervousness that she's experiencing in Padmini's presence.