Chapter 9

Your P.O.V
"How do you like the bridge?" Goodwin asked.

"It's not complete. That's for sure." I replied.

"Did you know this was going to connect Satellite with Neo Domino city?" He asked.

"So why was it never finished?" Yusei asked. Goodwin smiled.

"I'm glad you asked. You see if the construction of this bridge was ever completed it would of given the evil beneath the Satellite access to my precious Neo Domino city. And the battle that is about to begin muat never reach these shores." Goodwin replied.

"Really now? You do realize that they have already caused some trouble right?" I asked.

"Yes. I am aware of those incidents, Y/n." He replied.

"But what about the people in the Satellite?" Yusei asked.

"They will become enveloped in eternal darkness unless someone can save them." Goodwin replied.

"So why aren't you using the power you possess to get them out of there?!" Yusei asked with worry. I grabbed his hand to calm hin down.

"I can not do that." Goodwin replied.

"And why not?" I asked.

"Because as long as the people in the Satellite remain there, the darkness will stay as well." Goodwin replied.

"But why but the people of the Satellite at risk. Don't you realize that the darkness is growing stronger with every person they take?" I asked.

"Yusei. The time has come to tell you and Y/n the truth." Goodwin said. I narrowed my eyes. Yusei let go of my hand and grabbed his arm. D/n came out but no one seemed to notice.

"Alright Goodwin. Tell us the truth." I said.

"Why don't you start with this?" Yusei asked. Goodwin's eyes narrowed.

"That is the mark of the crimson dragon. It belongs to those who protect our world from the darkness." Goodwin replied.

"Oh? Is that all? Well. You might not know but we know that already, Goodwin." I said.

"Then why did it choose me?" Yusei asked.

"Because you are strong and selfless, Yusei. The dragon knew you would not run from a challenge, like your friend, and from the darkness that is coming." Goodein replied.

"Then why doesn't Y/n have a mark on his arm?" Yusei asked.

"Y/n is a different story. I do not know how he is connected to the crimson dragon or to you signers. But this darkness is dangerous it will take on many forms even a stranger or a friend. Which you both will know for they will have a mark of the shadows." He replied. Not much information about me and the crimson dragon.

"Mark of the shadows?!" Yusei asked. "You must mean the dark signers. I dueled on of their drones. And he had a glowing spider glowing on his arm."

"Then the first battle has already had been won. Just as you were chosen to protect the light they choose to protect the darkness. They will stop at nothing to stop you, Yusei." Goodwin said.

"Dark signers? Choosen protectors? But when did this all start?" Yusei asked.

"Perhaps we should go back to the beginning, five thousand years ago." Goodwin replied.

"Now we're getting somewhere." I said. Goodwin looked at me.

"There were three great armies, one of shadows, one of light and one that was trying to stop the battles between light and dark. All three battled at the face of the Earth. They nearly destroyed the whole planet. The army dragons was an army of dragons, magic and steal. But the dragons, six powerful creatures lead by someone that followed the dragons had sworn to protect the Earth at all costs. They fought both the armies, trying to stop the chaos of both armies, the light and the shadows." Goodwin explained.