Chapter 29

Your P.O.V
I woke up to hear the door open. I groaned and heard Marko. He comes and collects the recycling.

"Heya Y/n!" He greeted. I opened my eyes and saw Marko's face. He had a bright smile.

"Morning." I grumbled out. Yusei came back inside. Yusei waved Marko off while I got up, stretching. Crow then came down the stairs looking tired. He then started to question Yusei about who was at the door. I went to lie down again, but Crow stormed out in a hurry. Yusei sighed and walked down the stairs again. He walked over to me and sat down.

"I'm surprised you can sleep through that." He said. I huffed and sat up.

"I'm like my uncle. He can sleep through anything. Jesse's been trying to fix his sleeping habits, but nothing seems to work." I replied with a yawn. Yusei leaned in and kissed my temple.

"Anyway. Crow was wondering if you work." Yusei said.

"No. But I was thinking about it but thanks to all the stress that's surrounding me, I don't think it will be a good idea." I said. Yusei hummed and pulled me onto his lap. I sighed in contact, closing my eyes again.

"You need to stop stressing, Y/n." Yusei said.

"I know. I just... I just can't keep my mind away from it." I said to him. Yusei smiled.

"Hey. Why don't we go on that date I promised you? Hopefully, that will clear your mind for a while." Yusei suggested. I thought for a moment.

"I guess we can try that. What do you have in mind?" I asked. Yusei grinned.

"You'll see." He replied. We got up, and we got on his runner. He started to drive through the city.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going?" I asked Yusei. He chuckled and smiled.

"Nope. You just got to trust me." He replied with a laugh. I grumbled. I rested my head on his back and closed my eyes. We then stopped. I got up and took my helmet off, but before I could open my eyes, Yusei covered them. I gave out a confused noise. Yusei chuckled and guided me.

"Yusei? Where are you taking me?" I asked with an awkward smile.

"You'll see. Trust me." He replied. I sighed and continued to walk. I heard doors opening and close behind us.

"Keep your eyes closed, okay?" He said.

"Okay?" I kept my eyes closed while he took his hands off my eyes. I giggled.

"Okay... Now, open them up." Yusei said. I opened my eyes and saw an arcade with a few stores and food stalls. My eyes widened in shock and amazement. I looked around and then turned to Yusei. He smiled.

"Well? What do you think?" He asked.

"I...I don't know what to say. Yusei... Thank you!" I couldn't speak. My mind forgot how to speak at that moment. I hugged Yusei with a huge smile. He chuckled and grabbed my hand. We then went to go have some fun. We walked into the arcade, and we played some games. Yusei and I were tied for a while, but I won. I cheered, and Yusei smiled softly. We were there for hours. My stomach started to growl. I blushed and looked away. Yusei chuckled.

"Come on. Let's go and eat." He said and led me to the food stalls. We got some food, but he got on a drink with two straws. I was confused. I put the two straws in and took a sip. I looked at him for a second, and then it hit me. My face burned red. Yusei chuckled and pushed the drink towards me. I soon took a sip of it. He then did the same. I pulled away, covering my face with my hands. Yusei laughed softly.

"Stop it." I said with a pout. He chuckled and kissed my cheek. I sighed and continued to eat when he stole my food.

"Yusei!" I said with shock. He ate it and grinned with a wink. I looked away, embarrassed. He smiled and held my hand to his lips, kissing my knuckles. I giggled, and we both got up.