Chapter 23

M/n= mothers name

Your P.O.V
I stopped driving and looked at the direction Luna and Leo, Yusei, Jack, and Akiza went. I narrowed my eyes.

"Dark signers are standing their ground. Luna and Leo finished their duel. Yusei's duelling Kalin now. Jack is now duelling Carly, and Akiza is still trying to get to Misty. We need to get a move on." I said. D/n hummed in agreement. I started to drive again. D/n was flying by my side.I then felt my back glowing. I felt Yusei.

"Yusei..." I muttered. I stopped my duel runner and looked towards the direction he went. I saw the mark of the giant in the sky.

"Crimaon dragon. Give him strength..." I whispered. But what I didn't know was the crimson dragon listened. I heard a roar, and it was gone.

"I hope Yusei can pull it off." I said. D/n hummed. We saw the control unit, but it was covered by fog. It was dark and moist. We reached it and looked around. I stood up, taking my e/c helmet off my head. I placed it on my runner and walked over.

"I wonder if you will have to duel." D/n said. We walked up to the building and opened the doors. It was empty. Dust was everywhere but no insects.

"This is strange. Why didn't a dark signer guard this place?" I asked. D/n shrugged. We then heard whispers. Loud whispers.

"What is that?" D/n asked.

"I don't know. But we need to power this thing up." I said and ran over to the console. I grabbed my dragon and placed it in. I soon ran out, and the control unit was gone. I sighed in relief. Then the whispers came back, and something came out.

"What in the world!?!" I shouted. "What is this?!"

I stood back, but a force field was blocking my way out. Great. Just what I needed. I turned around and activated my duel disk.

"You're not going anywhere..." It whispered.

"Who's there?! Show yourself, you coward!" I said. I looked around and saw a figure come out of the fog.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"It's me, M/n. Don't you remember your own mother..." They asked. My eyes widened.

"How? You were caught in zero reverse." I muttered out. She took her hood off and slowly walked over to me. Her h/c hair is falling down to her legs.

"I escaped the same as you, my son. I have been waiting for you." She said. Her h/c covering her left eye. It was creepy. The wind kicked in. Her hair moved to show a red mark. She was still walking to me.

"Stay away!" I said, jumping back. She was confused.

"Why? I want to see my son." She said.

"You're not my mother. You're a dark signer." I said. The woman stopped smiling.

"Y/n. Come here." She said sternly. I growled.

"No. You are not my mother. Even if you were, you wouldn't have that mark on your face or join those dark signers." I said. The woman growled, and a gust of wind was sent my way.

"You dare talk back to your mother!?" She screached. I blocked myself from the wind. She ran over to her duel runner. She activated her duel disk, ready for a duel. I did the same, and we drove off. I didn't know she could drive a duel runner.

"I'll take the first move! I summon Obsidian dragon in defence mode. I set three cards face down and end my turn." I said.

"You won't even let your mother go first. It's my turn. I summon fire hand in attack mode." M/n said. Her monster had 1600 ATK. "I play one card face down. Your move, Y/n."