Chapter 21

Your P.O.V
"Shall we finish this duel, Y/n? The Netherworld is anxiously waiting for your arrival." Roman said.

"Well. I don't plan on going anywhere, Roman." I said while he laughed.

"I wouldn't be so sure. You see, the moment my Altar's four counters are lit, your fears will be realised." Roman said.

"I guess I'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen." I said. Yusei took a step towards me. I glanced at him, making him stop. Yusei slowly walked over while Roman started his turn. He soon stood next to me. We didn't say anything. I turned back to the duel.

"I activate altar of the bound deity. Now, for every monster that's in defence mode during my stand-by phase, I add an Earthbound immoral counter." Roman said. One of the flames lit up. "Next I summon grand spider in defence mode."

His monster had 1500 DEF. Yusei shivered in discomfort.

"Great... this is just what I needed." He grumbled out. "Like is it too much to ask for you to summon a creature that only has two legs?"

Roman chuckled darkly. I hummed in agreement. I wasn't afraid of insects, but I have duelled many people who duelled with insect monsters. I started to get on my nerves.

"Likethat would actually make a difference." Roman said, ending his turn with a face down.

"It's my move. I play the spell, evil mind. This allows me to activate one of these effects, depending on your graveyard." I said and drew one card. My eyes widened. Dark Beckoning Beast?! Yusei looked over my shoulder and was confused. I then had an idea.

"I activate Despian tragedy from my graveyard special ability. I can add on Despia monster from my deck and add it to my hand." I said. "I then play Dark Beckoning beast."

My new monster had zero DEF. I hope this works.

"I then activate his special ability. I can add one card from my deck and add it to my hand. I end my turn." I said. Yusei was going to say something when I stopped him. I then whispered to him. "Trust me."

"That will not be enough." Roman said. He drew his card. The flames on top of the altar lit up again. "I play my face down! Offerings to the bound deity. Now, if I take my life points and devide them, two more torches are suddenly lit."

"That's all four!" Yusei said. I stood my ground. I just need one more turn. That's all I need.

"The four counters are ablaze. Let the summoning begin!" Roman said. The altar collapsed, and a bright purple light burst through. Yusei grabbed my arm, making sure I wouldn't disappear. I wrapped my arm around Yusei and covered him from the blast. I then heard the children scream in fear. Their souls were being taken from their bodies. Yusei held onto me tighter.

'How could I let this happen?... It will take a miracle to get them back.' I closed my eyes and heard a Jack Atlas with his duel runner. He got through the force field and covered the boy's creating a barrier with the crimson dragon. Roman started to laugh again.

"Earthbound Immoral Uru!" The light stopped, and a giant spider came out to play. Yusei looked at the duel monster in pure horror. I hugged him tighter. I covered his eyes and growled. The Earthbound Immoral had 3000 ATK and DEF. It could attack you directly, but it can not be attacked by other monsters. Great. He ended his turn with a face down.

"My move! I draw!" I said. I then heard screams. Yusei panicked. A boy was still on top of the building. My eyes widened.

"Oh no!" Yusei exclaimed. I then saw Martha. "No! Martha!"

My dragon started to move, but it was too late. Martha started to fall into the shadows, and she was gone. Her energy went to the Earthbound Immoral. Yusei started to scream in agony. I hugged Yusei tightly again. He was in tears. I looked at Roman with anger in my eyes. I started to glow. My eyes were full of rage. I turned back to Roman.