Chapter 1

Y/n - your name
D/n - darksides name (spirit that lives inside you)
F/c - Favorite color
H/c -hair colour
H/l - hair length
E/c - eye colour

Your P.O.V
Speeding through the city of Neo Domino on my f/c duel runner, thinking of the new tournaments that is being hosted by the head of sector security, Rex Goodwin, I did not trust him at all. Like why would you plan a tournament so suddenly? It just felt, well, strange to me. I stopped at a nearby park. No one ever goes there now a days because of work, school and other things. I sighed and sat down on the grass. I took my f/c helmet off my head, letting my h/c hair to fall onto the ground. I shook my head and the rest of my hair blew into my face. I ran my hand through it and sighed. Nothing was going on around here.

"I just wish there was something else that I would rather do..." I said to myself and looked up into the sky.

"Maybe there is." I snapped my head towards a person that looked like a clown. I growled and stood up.

"Great. It's Goodwins clown face assistant. What can I do you for?" I asked glaring at the man. His eyes were wide in shock and glared back.

"Well pardon me for trying to do my job. You are invited to Goodwins tournament in a few days." He said. I never knew his name but he was a pain in the butt.

"What's the catch?" I asked while taking the invitation.

"The catch is that you won't be as bored and not have to pick a job that won't except you." He said and walked away. I rolled my eyes and opened the invitation. It just had where it was held, what time and the rest of the stuff that would come with it such as the prize money. I thought about it and sighed.

"I guess Goodwin did notice my dueling skills from last time." I said.

"You do realize that he maybe onto your heritage? He isn't someone to mess around with" D/n said. They like to come out when we're alone. And when I need to talk to them. They would always give me advice whenever I need it. I nod and looked back at the invitation.

"I guess I can check it out. It's not like I am doing anything." I said and stood up. D/n hummed in agreement and disappeared. Their personality consists of being cold, collected and ruthless but also being more monotoned then I am. On the other hand, I had a carefree, bright and determined personality.

A few days have past and the tournament had just begun. I entered the tournament and saw many people in their seats talking. I took a deep breath in and relaxed.

"Y/n. You ready?" D/n asked. I smiled

"You bet I am ready. As long as I have you and my deck nothing can get past me." I replied and I noticed someone with black crab like hair with yellow stairing at me. We made eye contact, saphire blue looking into e/c eyes. I broke eye contact and growled at D/n. I heard him chuckle in my mind. The black haired male walked over and tapped my shoulder. I looked to the side where he was and sighed.

"Sorry about that." I said awkwardly.

"It's fine. I'm guessing you were invited to Goodwins tournament?" He asked. I nod and held up the invitation.

"Yeah. Never trusted the guy." I replied and noticed the yellow marking on his face. I glared at it and heard a chuckle coming from the male. I saw him smile ever so slightly and I crossed my arms.

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up." I exclaimed and pouted.

"Sorry. I have never met someone that doesn't trust Goodwin." He said.

"We all have reasons. Anyway, the names Y/n. Y/n Yuki." I said.

"Yusei Fudo." He replied.

"You're from Satellite aren't you?" I asked. He nodded.