Chapter 12

Your P.O.V

I woke up with a start. I felt my back glowing. Pain shot through me like a bullet. I noticed Yusei was missing from beside me. I got up and ran to my duel runner, ignoring the pain in my back. I put my helmet on and revved the engine. I drove around the Satellite looking for any signs of Yusei or Crow. Seeing purple light, I then got a  glimpse of a red duel runner. My eyes widened in surprise. I went to get a better view and saw Crow. I parked and saw Yusei duelling with someone who was a dark signer.

“Crow? What’s happening? Who is Yusei duelling?” I asked him. I then saw a helicopter hovering above the duel. I took off my helmet and had a worried expression on my face. I know this duel will end badly. Yusei had 2600 life points while his opponent had 4000.

"Yusei's duelling an old friend. Turns out he's a dark signer." Crow replied. I turned to Crow's runner's screen and looked at it. Yusei was struggling, which had me worried. His opponent drew a card to start his turn.

"I play the speed spell power perton. You know all about speed, don't you, Yusei? After all, you're awfully quick to betray me." His opponent said.

"Betray him? What does he mean?" I asked.

"It wasn't Yusei's fault. Kalin betrayed us." Crow replied. I turned back to the screen. I bared my teeth. Yusei's opponents monster gained ATK points, which is now 5300.

"And now for your pleasure, the main event!  I activate hundred eyed dragon's special ability. He gets the power up from the gwarf  in my graveyard, so all the battle damage that would normally be observed by your monster is delt to you as damage." Kalin said. I walked up to the edge, watching the duel. I unclipped the stardust dragon from my belt and held it close. It was soft, which calmed me down slightly.

"Preper to meet the shadows. Because this duel is over!" Kallin said.

"Yusei!" I yelled out. That got his attention. He looked up and saw me. I couldn't see his expression but knew he wouldn't give up. He turned back to Kalin.

"Nothing's over until I say it is." Yusei said. I placed my helmet on and listened in more closely.

"Now one hundred eyed dragon, attack!" Kalin ordered. His dragon attacked. "Finally. I can get my revenge on what you did to me that night, Yusei!"

"Not today! Rock Stone's got special abilities of his own, and all your battle damage is cancelled." Yusei said. Kalin laughed.

"I should be thanking you, Yusei. After all, you're here to duel another round. That's another chance for me to toy with you before I send you to the netherworld. I told you on that rainy night that I would get you back. Now look, you're down to your last two cards. You couldn't take out a kuriboh, let alone take down my one hundred eye dragon. You're finished!" Kalin said and laughed again. I growled.

"Come on, Yusei. You can beat him." I muttered. I really wanted to ride alongside Yusei but knew I shouldn't. Kalin laughed again with a wicked grin on his face.

"Just like before, remember? I had your fate in my hands." Kalin said.

"I remember. That day, you saved me." Yusei replied. My eyes widened. "What happened?"

'Saved him? There's no way this guy saved Yusei... unless...' I thought. D/n appeared and hummed in question. I sat on my runner and kept watching.

"Tell me. What happened to my best friend?!" Yusei asked. I narrowed my eyes. I then remembered something.

Flashback

I was running through Satellite, looking for cards that didn't belong to anyone except my family when I ran into a team called The Enforcers. A guy with black and yellow hair noticed me and yelled out to me. I ran. He followed, I had my hood over my head. He latched something to my duel disk and forced me to stop. We were on the rooftop, and I couldn't get out of it. He had a determined look in his eyes. I breathed quickly and took my duel disk off. The guy gasped and ran up to me, but I dodged, and he fell over the railing. I was going to grab him, but his friends came and grabbed him. I ran, and that was the end of it.

End of Flashback

I gasped and realised that Yusei was the one I had met before I went to Neo Domino city. I shook my head and continued watching the duel. D/n gave a calm aura, which calmed me down. I looked towards them, nodding in thank you. They nodded back and stayed where they were. I turned to face the screen and focused on Yusei. He was attacked, which he yelled out. His life points went down to 1800. Yusei's runner flew into the purple lights. I focused and used the gentle darkness I got from my uncle to pull Yusei out.

Yusei's P.O.V
My eyes widened to see dark tentacles pulling me out of the field. I looked around and saw Y/n on the cliff looking at me with relief in his eyes. I smiled softly, which Y/n gave a two finger salute. I turned to face Kalin again.

"I wish I just knew how you changed." I said.

"Don't you get it yet, old friend?" Kalin asked.

"No..." I replied.

"I guess I'll have to spill it out for you. You knew the only way the Satellite could be ours was if we eliminated every threat. We were a team until you convinced Crow and Jack to try and take me down. So I took it upon myself to take down the ultimate duelling enemies there was. Sector Secretary and another duellist that you almost duelled was out to get me as well. I got a glimpse of his face. Full of determination and relief. We began to duel, but unfortunately, he won with his Red-eyes black dragon. So I went to try and finish what I started, but that was until you stopped me that night." Kalin explained. "You let me fall hard and fast. And now I am here to finish what I started."

Wait, Red-eyes black dragon? But that's - Y/n was there as well?! But how? He must have been that guy with the hood. I turned to Y/n in wonder.

"You were blinded by your dream. And now that I know you duel to destroy, I'm taking you out." I said.

"You're wrong. Because your days of duelling are about to end!" Kalin yelled out. I growled. 'What am I going to do? And how am I going to get the old Kalin back?'