Chapter 18

Your P.O.V
"I believe some of you here have experienced the dark signers' dangerous and powerful abilities first hand. They are formidable foes to control the mightiest beasts." Goodwin said. The floor changed again to show the Earthbound Immorals around the Acadia movement tower.

"You must mean the Earthbound Immorals." I said.

"Yes. Their strength is staggering. But they contain the very power of the army of shadows." Goodwin said.

"We get it. They're bad, okay?! Let's just take them out." Jack snapped.

"It's not going to be easy, Jack. You must control that temper of yours unless you want to become the enermy." I snapped back.

"The people taken by the dark signers, like your friend Carly, will most likely duel for the forces of evil, may still be able to be saved. Our task goes far beyond beating an enemy. It is a rescue operation for all those poor people who have been corrupted by the powers of darkness. And without all of you, there's no hope for them." Goodwin explained. I zoned out, not listening to the rest. I turned to the temple, thinking about those people in my visions.

"Goodwin. There's something else you should know about the dark signer Yusei duelled." I said.

"What is it, Y/n?" He asked.

"It wasn't the first time we've met. He was infected like you said, but he knew Yusei and I. He had all these old memories of Jack and Yusei. In fact, he was their friend." I explained. "Apparently, he was their best friend. Years ago, Jack, Yusei, and Crow had a duelling team in the Satellite. I was somehow involved when Yusei chased after me, thinking I was a part of one of the gangs." I explained. Yusei chuckled at the memory. "I feel bad for that, but I also duelled Kalin just before he was taken away.  Kalin was incharged because no one could beat him. He was supposed to be locked up for duelling security, but it looks like he had an early creole, looking for revenge."

Yusei tightened his grip on my hand. I continued rubbing circles on his hand.

"Why did you duel him?" Akiza asked.

"He had a card that would get me out of the Satellite. Which led up to me being caught and then rescued by my uncles." I replied.

"What card was it?" Leo asked.

"Mirage dragon. It helped me through mang duels, including the duels with Jack, Yusei, and Akiza." I replied.

"And has hard as it is to believe. He's got even better. Kalin's got a new deck full of stronger monsters I've never faced before. His one hundreded eyed dragon was just the beginning." Yusei continued on. "He summoned an Earthbound Immoral. It was huge like Exodia, but bigger. It was like you said, Goodwin. Kalin used the negative energy of the people of the Satellite to create that thing. The rest of you have to understand Goodwin's right."

"I agree with Yusei. I've witnessed the duel. I tried to get Yusei out of their but it was game over. Yusei got injured because of that. It took D/n everything to get me to not run after him and duel him myself." I added.

"Before I start risking my life, I want some answers! There's something up with you! There's something you're not telling us." Jack said.

"Jack's correct. I was hoping to avoid this part of this discussion." Goodwin said. I then heard the crimson dragon roar. Everyone then paid attention to it.

"But there is one more thing I think the crimson dragon would like to share with you, Y/n." Goodwin said. I was confused. The floor then changed. It showed the two hooded guys and the army of light.

"Who are they?" Luna asked.

"You traitor!" One of the soldiers yelled out. The guy in white hid behind the guy in red.

"Be thankful that we saved your lives!" He said.

"Thankful! You destroyed our homes!" Everyone started to yell. Then, one of the soldiers drew out his sword and aimed to slash at the guy in white. But before he was slain, the guy in red got in front and took the blow. Everyone gasped. The hood fell off the guys head to reveal...me?!

"That's me..." I said.

"But how?" Leo asked. The guy in white grabbed him and tried to save me but started to scream in agony. The power coming from him burst throughout everyone, and a burst of white light blinded everyone. When the light cleared, the soldiers were on the ground. The guy in white started to cry. He then got up and grabbed the sword.

"No!" I yelled out. He seemed to hear me, but it was too late. He pieced the sword through him, and he was gone. The vision stopped. I started to tear up. Everyone was quiet.

"Why?... Why did it have to be me?..." I asked the dragon. It grumbled and leaned towards me. It looked to the side, and it showed another vision.

"Hey, D/n? What would happen if we died?" The guy in white asked. The guy that was me smiled and brought the guy closer to him.

"We'll be reincarnated, of course." He replied with a smile.

"But what if we don't remember each other?" The other guy asked.

"If that happens. The crimson dragon, Stardust dragon, and Masquerade, the blazing dragon, will come to our aid, and we'll meet again, silly." I said. My eyes widened. D/n was my name back then?

"If you say so, n/n." The guy in white said.

"It was forbidden love." Akiza said with sadness. The dragon and the vision disappeared.

"I think I'll need time to process everything." I said. Everyone started to leave without question, except Yusei. He walked up to me with sadness in his eyes.

"Why must it be me?" I asked. Yusei didn't respond. But he wrapped his arms around me. I leaned in and let the tears fall down my face. After a few moments, I pulled away and wiped away the tears.

"Will you be okay?" Yusei asked. I nodded and just stood where I was. Yusei leaned in and kissed my cheek, and left me alone to gather my thoughts.

'What am I going to do now?'