Chapter 16

Your P.O.V
Akiza was shocked at what I said. I wanted to tell her that she wasn't alone. I want to help her like how Yusei did in the tournament.

"Akiza. I'm not going to give up on you. I won't do that. That isn't me. Whatever happens to me, I will never give up on my friends!" I said. Everyone's eyes widened in shock. Akiza looked at me with confusion.

"I'm your friend?" She asked. "You don't know me, though."

"That maybe Akiza. But I really want to be your friend. Even if we don't know each other every well, I will consider you a great friend. You've been through so much already, I want to be there for you, even though you are older than I am, but I won't give up trying to be your friend! That's what I've been trying to tell you, Akiza. That's why I won't give up on this duel. Sure, I'm losing, but it's worth the risk." I said with a closed eyed smile, opening my arms like I wanted to give her a hug.

"You're only saying that stuff to make me stop." Akiza said. My eyes widened.

"No. I'm not saying those things for you to stop what you're doing. I'm saying this stuff to continue on with the duel and making it fun for the both of us." I replied.

"I'm sorry, but it isn't going to work." She said and drew a card. "Black rose dragon! Attack Blazing dragon!"

Her dragon attacked. Blazing dragons roared in pain, and a vine was coming towards me.

"I fell this once. Remember, dad? Before you shipped me off, you said you cared for me, but now Y/n is going to pay for your mistakes!" Akiza said. I was about to take a hit when Akiza's father stood in front of me.

"Get out of the way!" I yelled out. He just stood there. I growled.

"I activate my trap, Crackdown! This allows me to take control over your black rose dragon!" I said. The dragon came to my side and stood next to Blazing dragon.

"Akiza. I'm sorry. I wasn't a good enough father to you." He tried to apologise, but Akiza wasn't having it.

"Save it. It's all too little and too late." Akiza said, looking away.

"I admit it. I was scared of your powers, I was scared of you. I didn't understand your abilities. You just really frightened me." He said.

"I know this. That's why you decided to get rid of me. You were scared. Scared of your little girl." Akiza said.

"That's right. You had powers I couldn't comprehend, and that terrified me. But that's not the only reason, I was disappointed in myself for not being able to deal with you. Not having you around made me powerless. Made me feel like a failure. What I'm saying is-" He was cut off by Akiza.

"So wait a minute. This is about you know?" Akiza asked.

"Yes. It's about me letting you down. I never stopped caring about you, Akiza. Neither did your mother. You will always be our little girl." Akiza's father replied.

"Stop. Just stop talking, dad. No way am I falling for that." Akiza said.

"He's right, Akiza." I tried to speak, but Akiza cut me off.

"Due to thorn of malice's power, your beloved Blazing dragon loses 600 more attack points." Akiza said. Blazing dragon  screamed in agony. It was now up to 700 ATK.

"But you lose 600 life points." I said. Her life points went down to 2300. But she activated another , and her life points went down to 1700.

"Now, I activate harpies feather duster to get rid of those spells and traps. Then, from my hand, I activate Wonder Clover's spell. By removing one level four or lower monster from my hand to the grave, I can give one of my monsters' power to attack twice."

Her life points went down again, making it 1000.

"But you activate my trap, waking the dragon, this let's me summon a dragon from my deck, and I choose Tainbow Dark dragon!"

"Akiza. Stop this." Her father said.

"Go Black Rose Dragon, attack Blazing dragon one more time! And this time, if my dad gets in the way, take him out too!" Akiza ordered. I grabbed the man's hand and tried to move him away, but he wouldn't budge. I couldn't do anything. I moved in front of Akiza's father. Akiza's eyes widened.

"I wish this fighting would just stop... I know I was foolish to duel you. I can't do anything but accept my fate. I wanted to help you, Akiza. Really, I did. I guess I'm still the weakling everyone in the Satellite says I am. I'm just a very stupid, foolish and weak friend." I said. I waited for the impact to come. I looked back at everyone. Yusei's eyes filled with worry. Jesse tried to run up to me, but Jaden stopped him. I closed my eyes with a small smile, I knew that I wasn't going to make it. I accepted my fate.

"Stop!!"

I opened my eyes to see Black Rose attacks stopped mid-air. Akiza looked at me and walked over to me. She pulled me into her embrace. I was shocked.

"I am so sorry, Y/n." She whispered. She was crying into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around Akiza and sqeazed her tightly. I was surprised that I was dead and surprised that she listened to what I was saying.

"Please stop this. Your father was telling the truth. We just want to help you and gain what you've lost. Please let us help. Let me help." I said softly. Akiza pulled away, and I held out her headpiece. She looked at me and then the headpiece. She then placed her hand on my cheek where one of the attacks got me. She took her headpiece and cried more. She hugged me again. Yusei and my uncles ran over and smiled softly. Blazing dragons and black rose looked at each other and nodded. Black Rose Dragon was then attacked by darkness dragon, and then Rainbow dark dragon finished the duel. Akiza lost. The field was then cleared. I rolled Akiza's hair up into her headpiece and smiled. She stood back up and faced Yusei.

"I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to hurt any of you." Akiza whispered. Akiza's mother ran up to her and hugged her. Her father walked up and hugged Akiza ad well. Yusei stood next to me and watched the family reunite. Jesse and Jaden pulled me into a tight bear hug. I blinked and then smiled.

"You did amazing, Y/n. Even though you almost lost the duel, you won the trust of someone who needed you most." Jesse said. I smiled at them. Jesse and Jaden pulled away with smiles.

"Y/n. I want to thank you for getting our Akiza back. You put yourself in danger just to help our little girl. I thank you for that." Akiza's dad said. Her mother smiled at me and hugged me. I smiled and turned to Akiza. I walked up to her and held out my hand. She smiled softly.

"Now, will you let us help you?" I asked. She nodded and hugged me again.

"You should be glad the you have a friend like Y/n." Jaden said. Akiza pulled away and wiped her tears away. I felt happy that Akiza could trust me. Yusei walked over and hugged me from behind. I smiled and ruffled Yusei's crab like hair. Watching everyone smile was like being home.