Chapter 24

Your P.O.V
"What is that thing?" Akiza asked.

"I don't know." Yusei replied. I held Yusei's hand. "It looks like one of those dark signer markings."

"That's probably because it is." I said. Everyone was confused.

"Hey Yusei! Look who I found!" I turned around to see Jack and Crow! How did Crow make it?

"Well, look who it is! It's Jack and Crow!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah, and from the looks of it, we are here right on time." Jack said.

"Great to see you in one piece." Crow said, holding out his hand to me.

"You know I wouldn't miss anything." I replied.

"So you won your duel?" Crow asked.

"You bet. Otherwise, I wouldn't be standing here, would I." I replied.

"And thank goodness for that." Yusei added.

"What's up with the light show?" Crow asked. The ground started to rumble again.

"It's an earthquake." Trudge said.

"Maybe." Yusei said.

"Probably not." I said, looking at the lights.

"Now what?" Jack said.

"I know that area." Crow said.

"I'm afraid we do as well." Yusei said, looking at me. "That's where the first ener-D reactor was."

"Something tells me that is coming from the Netherworld. A portal must have opened." I said. Lightning struck, and a creature that looked slimy crawled out of the hole.

"That's discussing!" I yelled out. Yusei stood in front of me. The creature looked towards us. And eyed me. I shivered.

"Uh oh. Trouble." Yusei said.

"You think! That thing is the king of the Netherworld! That is huge trouble!" I yelled out.

"Y/n. Whatever you do. Do not get near that thing." Yusei warned.

"I will try not to, but my state now is rising to one hundred per cent panic mode!" I yelled.

"No need to yell, Y/n!" Crow said. I held my head in my hands. Yusei wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my head. Then my back started to glow real bad. It started to blind everyone.

"What's up with the light?!" Jack asked. I closed my eyes. The glowing went down, so it wasn't blinding anyone. The king of the Netherworld started to grumble while everyone was talking and panicking.

"That thing is headed to Neo Domino City. If that thing reaches that light, we are all down for." I said. The king got into the water, heading towards the city. Everyone's markings started to glow as well. The crimson dragon started to fly towards us. I covered myself, but what surprised us was that we were flying.

"Are we inside the crimson dragon?" Akiza asked.

"Yep! And we're going somewhere in a hurry." I replied. I reached for Yusei and grabbed his hand.

"Yeah. I think our stop is coming up." Crow said. We soon stood in front of Goodwin's now destroyed house. The temple was there instead, and the bird up the top was above it. Everyone was talking when Goodwin's voice was heard.

"Allow me to explain." He said. We looked up to see Goodwin on top of the temple. "For you see. You have succeeded in defeating the dark signers. But not in time to close the doors to the Netherworld."

"So tell us what's going on!" Yusei yelled out. "Did we fail?! Is the world going to end?! And why is that thing headed here?!"

"For the ritual." Goodwin replied.

"What ritual?!" I asked.

"The ritual that has been carried out by this temple for many millennia." Goodwin replied.

"So what exactly happens in this ritual?" Yusei asked. I face planted. Why can't he be serious now, then ask questions.

"It all depends. But this time, it is something different that has never happened before." Goodwin replied.

"So spill!" Yusei said.

"That's because the ritual is dangerous!" I replied to his question.

"Y/n. There is no sense of adventure with you. Is there? You all are so eager, but I can not understand. I would need to start at the beginning." Goodwin said. He smirked and pulled a tube from behind his back. My eyes widened in horror. Inside the cabinet was the head of the crimson dragon. Everyone groaned.

"What is that?" Luna asked. My eyes widened.

"Yusei, are you alright?" I asked. He groaned in response.

"It all starts with this." Goodwin said.

"The final mark. What do you want with it?!" I asked.

"I want to use it. Why do you think I have the metal arm?" Goodwin replied. "I had to construct it so I can have a consod as you would say."

"Just what are you planning, Goodwin?" Yusei asked. He chuckled and turned around to show us a dark signer mark on his back.

"Another mark... but that one is the..." I trailed off.

"That is right. It is the mark of a dark signer." Goodwin replied. His shirt was soon gone, and he grew bigger. I was discussed. "Meaning soon, I will have both the power of the light and darkness."

Goodwin looked bigger and had many markings. The twins were worried, and so was the rest of us.

"He can't." Akiza said.

"He won't." Jack said.

"And who's going to stop me?" He asked. I started to run up the temple.

"Y/n! Wait!" Yusei called out. I was halfway up, but I was too late. Goodwin placed his hand inside the cabinet with the head of the crimson dragon. I groaned and kept going. I grabbed Goodwin's arm, pushing him away, but he was stronger. Goodwin grabbed me by the neck and threw me off the temple.

Yusei's P.O.V
My eyes widened in horror. Goodwin grabbed Y/n by the neck and threw him off. Y/n was falling fast. If I tried to save him, it would be too late. I felt tears falling down my face.

"Y/n!!!"

Your P.O.V
I opened my eyes and saw the ground closing in. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes again and saw D/n keeping me from falling. I sighed in relief. D/n smiled slightly, which surprised me. I then saw Hauo and Jehu, Uncle Jaden and Uncle Jesse's dark forms, also holding me up. I was then taken to everyone else. Yusei ran up to me and hugged me tight. The light faded, and I felt Goodwin with the signer mark.

"Goodwin!! What are you doing?! What are you planning with that mark?!" I asked.

"What else. To become powerful and rule the world. And now, with the dark signer mark and the power of my brother entrusted me. I shall!" Goodwin replied, holding his arm up. The ground started to move again. The temple grew bigger and taller by the second.

"Everyone. Take cover." Jack said. Goodwin laughed evilly. I placed my helmet over my head. Yusei walked over. We didn't say anything. We looked into each other's eyes and grinned. Yusei went to his duel runner and got on it. Jack and Crow were on theirs. Goodwin was babbling on about the ritual for the king of the Netherworld. I rolled my eyes and revved my duel runner.

"You up for this?" Yusei asked.

"You bet. I want to teach him a lesson on not throwing me off a temple." I replied. Goodwin explained the rules. We start with 4000 while he starts with 16000. And none of us can attack on the first turn.

"Y/n!" I turned my head to see Jaden and Jesse running up to me.

"We wish ya'll all luck." Jesse said.

"If this gets bad, use the cards I gave you." Jaden said. I nodded, giving him a thumbs up.