Chapter 22

Your P.O.V
We went back to Martha's place. Everyone was upset. I especially. My uncles were beside me, trying to calm me down. I didn't even know how they got here, let alone see the duel.

"He's gone... He's really gone..." I whispered. Jesse rubbed my back while Jaden wrapped his arms around me. Yusei was with everyone else. He was talking to everyone while I was trying to calm down. I felt Yubel and Haou comfort D/n.

"This is all my fault..." I whispered. Jesse looked at Jaden in worry. Yusei walked over and hugged me from behind.

"It isn't your fault, Y/n. It was the dark signers. Please snap out of it." He whispered. I stood up and hugged him, burring my face in his neck.

"Y/n? What are the four stars of destiny?" Akiza asked. I whipped away my tears.

"I think their the old control units built to main tain the old reactor in the centre or satellite." I replied.

"According to the reports, they were the first part of the reactor to break when the reactor reacted." Jesse added. Jaden hummed in agreement.

"How do you know this?" Jack asked them.

"Y/n's parents would tell us how annoying the reactor was when they built it." Jaden replied. "I don't know the full details."

"Apparently, during development, each of the control units went by a code name:
Ccapac Apu
Ccarayhua
Assla piscu
Cusillu
They also mean the giant, the lizard, the hummingbird, and the monkey." I replied.

"Those are the nazka lines that disappeared." Akiza said.

"Correct." Mina said.

"There was a spider, too." Luna added.

"The spider is Uru. Which was the code name for the reactor itself." I replied.

"It order to reverse the rector and stop the negative energy, you have to go to each of the control units and turn them on." Mina explained.

"That Roman guy is the spider, right? Is he the boss?" Akiza asked.

"Yes." I replied to Akiza's question.

"The only way to turn them on is to use the dragon's in your decks. Those were the cards that were used to power up each of the control units. So Luna. It is very important that you get that Ancient fairy dragon back." Mina explains.

"How do you know all of this?" Yusei asked.

"Because Dr. Fudo and Dr. Anderson intrusted those cards to Director Goodwin." Mina replied. Jaden hummed. Jesse stood up and rubbed Y/n's back.

"Our parents had those cards?" Yusei asked. "So Roman was lying about my father looking the other way?"

"Is that all Mina? He didn't say anything else about our parents?" Yusei asked.

"No. That's it. He just said that your parents handed him the cards." Mina replied. "But one card didn't make it to Goodwin. The last card was sent to Mr. Anderson and then past on to Y/n."

"After we found out what had happened, we had to go and get Y/n. He was the only one, besides Yusei, who survived. I managed to send Haou to guide Y/n, but we never heard from him until five years ago." Jaden explains.

"After we got Y/n back. The card that was with Dr. Anderson was sent to me by a duel monster, which vanished when it delivered it. I gave that card to Y/n." Jesse added.

"What was the card?" Blister asked.

"Masquerade the blazing dragon." Jesse replied.

"That dragon has been protecting Y/n ever since Jesse gave the card to him. Hell of a fighter. Scared me to the next world." Jaden joked, earning a snap from Jesse.