𝚂𝚢𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

𝚂𝟼 𝙴𝟷𝟿

'𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚝𝚎𝚊'
                                         -𝙵𝚢𝚘𝚍𝚘𝚛 𝙳𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚎𝚟𝚜𝚔𝚢

Rebecca was in Mrs. Clark's room with Richard, and April, Rebecca was also holding Mrs. Clark's file. Rebecca was standing beside April talking with Mrs. and Mr. Clark.

"So then a couple days ago, we're at the grocery store, Gary and I, and the next thing I know, I'm flat on my back in the frozen foods section"

Gary looked away from his wife to look at the three doctors in the room. "She fainted"

"And I've never fainted. I never seen anybody faint. I don't believe in fainting"

"Did you hit your head?" Richard asked.

"I would've if this hadn't caught me"

"Mrs. Clark is anemic and guaiac positive, so there's definitely some internal bleeding, which looks like it's coming from a-," Rebecca said but was cut off by April.

"Friable tumor near the ampulla of vater," April said pointing to it on the screen.

Rebecca rolled her eyes and looked at April. "Yes, thank you for that, Dr. Kepner" But April couldn't help but look back at Rebecca.

"Dr. Swender told us the biopsy showed the cancer was back. But she said you might be able to take it out"

"There's a chance I won't be able to go in as deeply as I'll need to, but I promise to do everything I can," Richard told them.

"Anything you could"

"We appreciate it, Dr. Webber. Thank you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in surgery with Webber and April. April was beside Rebecca while Webber was in front of the two.

"Dr. Webber, did you consider doing a while on Mrs. Clark?"

"I did, but since the cancer came back, I think I can do a local resection and get the entire visible tumor. Dr. Kepner, are we boring you?" Webber asked April because she kept looking into gallery ahead because Derek was in there.

"No, sir. I just-- I wasn't expecting Chief Shepherd to be up in the gallery during a general surgery" April said looking back down to Mrs. Clark. "But I guess that's the Chief's job, right-- evaluating observing?"

Webber looked back at April after looking up into the gallery. "Dr. Kepner, you're in my O.R., and the only one observing and evaluating you right now is me"

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry, sir" April said and looked to the gallery again.

Rebecca looked over at April and saw she was looking at the gallery again so she looked up and shook her head and turned her attention back to Mrs. Clark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca walked up to Mr. Clark to tell him about his wife.