𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟸𝟶

"Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that's beautiful"

                                         —  Rashida Jones

Rebecca was sitting beside April, listening to Alex talk about the African kids, who he brought over.

"This is Zola. She's 6 months old, born with Spina Bifida..." Alex said.

"Adorable African children, shameless ego stroking-- Karev is Genius"

"Yeah, he's singlehandedly stealing Chief Resident out from under all of us, and we're helping him do it. I mean, we can't exactly refuse to treat little sick kids without making ourselves look bad"

"Oh, he is a genius or..." April said and then started to speak in Swahili. "That's what they say in Swahili"

Rebecca looked at her and smiled a little and moved closer and placed her head on her shoulder. April looked at her and smiled and placed her head on top of hers.

"His spine to prevent any further brain damage..."

"Well, he only has a shot because I've been benched. The playing field has been leveled. You're all welcome" Cristina said.

"My Alzheimer's trail kicks African-orphan ass. It kicks all of your asses"

Richard then turned around to face them. "Do you want to keep it down back there? I'm trying to listen to what appears to be the next Chief Resident talking"

"Before we go, I just want to say thank you to all of you for your participation. It, uh, truly means more than I could say"

Then about everyone started to slow clap.

"Slow clap. They're giving him the slow clap. Come on. I'm not giving him the slow clap. Ridiculous"

Rebecca rolled her eyes and stood up and looked at Jackson. "Jeez, jealous much," she said and walked out of the room to get to work.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in Asha's room with Owen, Stark, and April.

"Asha is 10 years old. She sustained internal injuries six years ago from explosive device. She has multiple enterotomies--"

"And there are some strictures there and some ascites. She has not healed properly. Boy, this complicates things" Stark said looking at the scans with Owen.

"As does the fact that she's HIV-positive. She's living with Aids"

"Hello," April said and said something in Swahili. "April. Uh, don't be scared. Um..." She said and then something in Swahili again. "I'm just gonna take your blood pressure now, okay?" She said and tried to put the blood pressure cuff on her arm but she moved. "So--oh, no. It's okay. It's okay. Um, we're-- we're here to help" she said and then said it Swahili. "Help"