𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙻𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚌𝚢

S8 E5

"Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone see how great you are if you can't see it yourself?"

                                        — Unknown

Rebecca was sitting beside April picking at her fingers while waiting for the lecture to start.

"Ugh. I can't believe Altman postponed our surgery for grand rounds. It's just some boring lecture" Cristina said sitting down in front of Rebecca and April while Meredith sat on one side and Alex the other side.

"Your husband said it was  mandatory"

"One more hour of sleep, that's what it is" Alex said.

"Oh, no. It's not gonna be boring. This is Jackson's mother; Catherine Avery"

Meredith then turned around to look at Jackson. "She's a urologist, right?"

"Yeah. I met her when I was an intern at Mercy West. She's amazing"

"She is... a lunatic" Jackson said.

"No, she's not. She's brilliant. She says these things that shock you, but then when you think about them later, they change your whole life"

"Or they ruin your whole life. She's toxic. She's a meddler. My mom has no boundaries. Be warned"

April shakes her head and takes a sip of her coffee and then looks over at Rebecca who was still picking at her fingers, so April grabbed her hand and held it so she would stop. "You're going to make your fingers bleed"

Rebecca nodded and just held April's hand.

"Hey, is that why you shipped Lexie out of state?" Alex asked not looking at Jackson.

"What? Oh. You shipped Lexie... wow. Who hides his girlfriend under a rock while his mom comes into town?"

"Someone who's got a hypercritical surgeon for a mom" Meredith said and them took a glance at Jackson. "I get it"

"Is your mom ambidextrous? I bet you she is. All the best surgeons are"

Jackson then looked over at April. "Wait a second. How often do you talk to my mom?"

"We're Facebook friends"

"You're-- you and my mother?"

"She's brilliant surgeon and woman. She's a trailblazer" April said.

"And she's got a stalker" Meredith said lowering her voice, making Cristina laugh.

"Hey, you know what? Just meet her. You'll see"

Rebecca then placed her head on April's shoulder and April looked at her and smiled and kissed her head.

"Wake up, everybody. I know, I know, it's grand rounds, where we have to sit and listen to somebody talk about how somebody did something and here's how they did it, and there's not enough coffee I'm Brazil for this"