𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚂𝟾 𝙴𝟸

"Start thinking positive and being thankful for what you already have, slowly but surely your life will change for the better"

Rebecca was putting her trauma gown on and listening to Bailey talking about the patient that was just brought in.

"She was pinned under her car, her leg was amputated in a pit of dirt, her abdomen is pulp, and her pelvis is probably crushed. You will work together to assess her injures and repair them"

"Oh, in the O.R.?" April asked.

"No, at the Jiffy Lube. Yes, in the O.R. now Dr. Torres will supervise your work, If you're killing her, she will step in. Otherwise, you're on your own. Don't screw this up like you axree everything else up you've touched lately" Bailey said and then walked into the room. "Ladies and gentlemen step away from the patient"

Rebecca, April, Cristina, Alex rushed into the room.

Rebecca was looking at an X-ray of Susannah's pelvis. "It's an open book pelvic fracture"

"And a comminuted femur fracture. Has anyone fully examined the stump?"

"Pneumopericardium and an enlarged cardiac shadow. She needs a chest tube and a C.T." Cristina said looking at some x-rays and then walked closer to the patient.

"Free fluid. She needs the O.R."

"An embolization and angio would help stabilize the pelvic bleeding" April said.

"An angio's just gonna waste time"

"We could pack her in to O.R." Rebecca said.

"Call the O.R. tell them to prep for an emergency laparotomy"

"Hello? A C.T. I'm telling you guys..."

"Oh, no, no," Bailey said stopping Owen from coming into the room.

"What do you mean, no? That's my patient"

"We're doing a gunther"

"What the hell's a gunther?" Owen asked confused.

"It's, uh, like a team-building exercise"

"See, the hospital does it when the Residents  aren't working well together. It seems to help" Bailey told Owen.

"If the patient doesn't die. One time, the patient died, and then it didn't help at all"

"Not helping Torres" Rebecca mumbled since she could hear their conversation cause she is close to them.

"Oh. Um, so what, they, uh, prep her and then--"

"Uh, no, no, no. No Attendings. Just the bunnies"

"Seriously we aren't bunnies" Rebecca yet again mumbled to herself.

"In the O.R.?"

"Yes, the O.R. why does no one seem to get that part?"

"Because they are slow duh" Rebecca mumbled again.

"No, no. Not this patient. I just pulled her out of a hole in the ground that almost ate her alive, and her husband had to cut off her leg"

"Dr. Torres will be there every step of the way"