𝙷𝚘𝚘𝚔, 𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛

𝚂𝟼 𝙴𝟸𝟶

'𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠, 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚗𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍'
                                                                 -𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗

Rebecca was walking up to Meredith with April and Jackson.

"Is that Thomas Evans from Baylor?" Jackson asked looking behind them.

"Yes, but don't get too excited. He's only here for one case" Meredith told them.

"Oh, are you sure? Because I overheard Chief Shepherd discussing the fact that Dr. Altman doesn't have a permanent contract. So it would actually be a really genius move on the chief's part to go in and seize that opportunity to--"

Rebecca shook her head a little and leaned on the railing. "Oh, here go again"

"What?" Jackson and Meredith asked.

"Shut up"

"She thinks Derek walks on water," Rebecca said.

"I don't. I don't. I, um... No, I'm--I mean, It's-- It's a professional thing. It's, um... It's a mentor thing. He's--He's just my mentor. Because he's--he's married... To you. And you guys are-- are so great. And, um, together-- together as a married couple, and you-- you-- you are so great"

"Wow"

"I, um, I do--I do think that your husband is brilliant. But I'm--I'm sure that you think that, too, so..."

Rebecca nods. "That's right"

"Okay. That, um..." April said and started to walk away.

Rebecca, Jackson, and Meredith looked at each other for a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in the elevator with April, Derek, and Meredith, they were on their way to the roof where a helicopter was dropping a patient off.

"It was a fishing boat accident and two patients-- one with a head lac and abdominal pain, the other, they said something about a fish hook being stuck somewhere," April said looking at Derek.

"Why would they send a chopper for a guy with a fish hook?"

"Uh, I'm pretty sure they said fish hook, Chief Shepherd" April whispered a little as the elevator dinged and the doors opened.

"Okay," Derek said and walked out followed by April.

"I'm pretty sure they said fish hook, Chief Shepherd, but if I'm wrong you can spank me," Rebecca said.

"Shut up," Meredith said walking out of the elevator.

"Oh, Chief Shepherd, I do hope I'm wrong"