𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚂𝟾 𝙴𝟷

"Most people who ask for advice from others have already resolved to act as it pleases them"

- Khalil Gibran

Rebecca woke up to Zola crying and she groaned and got up from her bed and rubbed her eyes and walked out of her room and went to the kitchen and started to make coffee.

"Jeez, I'm probably gonna fall asleep today," she said and then poured herself some coffee in her cup, added cream and sugar.

Then she made her way back to her room, and started to yet ready for work.

Rebecca was in the cafeteria sitting at a table, and looking at April who was about to start talking.

"Good morning, and, uh, welcome to your final year of residency. Um... this--this breakfast is the one time when all the fifth years and the Attendings will be in the same room, so... so use your time wisely, Residents... find a mentor... ask questions, get advice on your futures... and, um, I see you're already chatting sway, so that's--that's good. Just carry on" April said and then walked away to Bailey.

Richard then walked into the Cafeteria.

"Oh! Look, here's the Chief!" April said walking up to Richard. "Chief, is there, uh, anything you'd like to say as we embark on our final year of Residency?"

"You all know what you're doing. Just don't kill anyone... uh, Meredith, can I see you in my office?"

"Well, that w-- that was very... inspirational. Thank you, Chief" April said and then walked over to Rebecca and sat down beside her, and placed her head on her shoulder.

Rebecca looked at her and kissed her head, and placed her hand on her thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You are doing great"

April let out a sigh. "If you say so"

"I do," Rebecca said kissing her head again and tapping her thigh. "Now we have work we need to do"

April blushed and moved her head from Rebecca's shoulder and nodded her head. "Yeah, we do"

Rebecca was in the pit with her trauma gown on and started to put her gloves on.

"We're going to the scene of an onsite amputation woman's trapped under her car. You guys are gonna get swamped with bodies. Kepner, you're in charge till I get back"

"Yes, sir. Have fun" April told them.

"At an amputation?"

"Uh, I-I meant good luck," April said and then moved to stand next to Rebecca.

"You know what? There's bound to be piles of head trauma Derek's gonna have to talk to you"

"I got fired," Meredith said.

"What?

Rebecca just stared at Meredith, in shock.

"The Chief fired me," Meredith said looking at Alex.

"You son of a bitch. I mean, are you happy now? Cause this is all because of you. You and your big fat, stupid mouth!"

"Get off me. Get off!" Alex said to Cristina who was pushing and slapping him.

"Kepner, control your people"

"Stop! Stop!" April said trying to stop them.

"All your fault!"

"Get off"

"There's no hitting. No hitting. Would you stop right now?"

Bailey then walked up behind Cristina and grabbed her hair.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow"

"You going to the scene?"

"Yes," Alex told the paramedic.

"Wait. Wait. I didn't tell you, you could go. I need you here"

Rebecca just watched Alex get into the ambulance.

"42-year-old female. Lost consciousness EN Route. Unable to get airway secondary to tracheal injury. Last B.P. is 89/60"

Rebecca heard the paramedic say as she walked up to them.

"Don't worry we'll figure something out" Cristina told Meredith. "Make sure there is a crike tray set up with the intubation kit"

"Yes, Doctor"

"Come on. You can't be here. You need to go" Bailey told Meredith.

Rebecca walked up to April who was at the nurse station.

"Hey"

April looked at her. "Where have you been?"

"Sleeping in an on-call room"

"Why?"

"Didn't get enough sleep and also had a headache" Rebecca told her and then wrapped her arms around and kissed her head. "If you really needed me, you could have paged"

April nods. "I know"

Rebecca then moved some hair from April's neck and gave her neck a few kisses, and then moved away from her. "See you at home"

April turned to her and was gonna say something but she was already gone and April let out a sigh.

Edited: no

{744}