𝙰𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝙶𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟻

The decisions you make are a choice of values that reflect your life in every way.

- Alice Waters

Rebecca was sitting beside April in the lounge waiting to see what Webber had to say.

"I have great faith in you... great faith. I can because I chose you, I trained you. I've watched you work. I know what you can do. That's why today is different. The training wheels are coming off, people. I'm throwing down the gauntlet today, people" Webber said and handed out attending scrubs to the residents.

"Navy scrubs?"

"Attending scrubs. You are attendings today. Run the cases, take point, but don't be a fool. If you get in over your head, cry uncle. Until then... congratulations. You've just been promoted" Webber said starting to walk out.

Rebecca looked over at April since she could feel April's gaze her. When April saw Rebecca look back at her she gave her a smile and Rebecca gave a small one back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in Roy Henley's room with April and Teddy.

April was reading the file that was in her hand. "Roy Henley, 57, was admitted 2 days ago when severe wheezing from pulmonary hypertension, which basically means--"

"I can't breathe for crap"

"We're gonna run some tests. That should help us decide how to proceed" April told him.

"you can run all the tests you want, but what I need's new lungs. My doctor says I was gonna need 'em one day, but I was too healthy for it" Roy said and then started coughing. "I bet I'm not too healthy now," he said with a chuckle"

"Dr. Anderson?" Teddy said looking over at her.

Rebecca looks up at Roy and was quiet for a bit, but then nods her head. "We'll run some tests," she said and then looked back to the floor.

April looked at Rebecca for a couple of seconds before looks at his file for a quick second then back to Roy. "Uh, Mr. Henley, you listed your daughter as your emergency contact us she here with you today?"

"Oh, no. She lives over in Aberdeen. I don't want to trouble her"

"Is there anyone here with you?"

"I'm a tough old dog. I don't need a chaperone" Roy said looking over at April.

"Sir, your-- your condition is serious. It might be time to trouble your daughter"

-

Rebecca was now walking out of Roy's room with Teddy and April in front of her.

"Do we think he's a transplant candidate?" April asked.

"Do we?"

"Well, at this point, I don't think there's anything else we can do, right?"

"Dr. Anderson, do you agree?" Teddy asked.