𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚊𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟷𝟿

"It is love that asks, that seeks, that knocks, that finds, and that is faithful to what it finds"

                              —  Augustine of Hippo

Rebecca walked up to Aprip and Meredith who were at a nurse station.

"Hey"

April looked over at her with a smile. "Hey"

Rebecca was about to say something, but Stark came up to them.

"I smoothed out some bumps in the NICU surgery protocol. If you wanna... stop acting like a child"

"You crushed his heart, April, and none of us thought he had one, so that's impressive"

"Yeah, well, It's inconvenient. I need him to sign this" April said and began to walk away.

Rebecca watched her walk away before grabbing what she needed and walking away herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca walked into Callie's room with April.

"She opened her eyes," April said with a little laugh. "Sofia--she--she looked right at me. I saw her sweet little eyes. They--they're beautiful. They look just like yours. Oh, my God! I shoulda taken pictures. Why didn't I do that?" April said and then noticed Callie had started crying. "Oh, no. Oh, no. Oh, God, no. I'm so sorry"

"Go, go, go, go, get the pictures!"

Rebecca then pulled April out of the room with her. "So, why didn't you take any pictures?"

April looked at her. "Oh be quiet you"

Rebecca shakes her head and kisses her cheek. "Nope not gonna happen"

April sighs a little. "I hate you"

Rebecca smiles. "I love you too"

April stops and turns to her. "Did you just say I love you?"

Rebecca looks at her. "Um... No, maybe. Oh look I'm being paged see ya" she said and turned to walk the other way. "Idiot," she said to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in the Resident lounge when April came in.

"Did you mean it?" April asked standing beside her.

Rebecca looked at her and nodded her head. "Yeah, I did"

April smiles and moves closer to wrap her arms around her neck. "Well I love you too"

Rebecca smiled and moved her hands to April's waist and pulled her closer and placed her lips on April's. April smiled into the kiss and then kissed her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: no

{370}