𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝙼𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟽

"The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable"

              —  Attributed to James A. Garfield

Rebecca was at the nurse station when Teddy walked up to her.

"I'm gonna be needing you"

Rebecca looked up from what she was doing. "For?"

"Lungs have become available for Rou Henley, and since he found himself on the transplant list based on your recommendation, I would say that would him your patient"

"Okay. Well, uh, what do you need me to do?"

"Well, I just need someone to monitor him while I go pick up the lungs," Teddy told her.

"Okay. But will I be on my own?"

Teddy shook her head. "Nope. Dr. McQueen, the cardio fellow, he will be around on the off chance that you need anything. Oh, and I finally was able to get Roy's daughter to agree to come in, so just, uh, keep an eye out for her, okay?"

"Oh, um... Okay," Rebecca said as she watched Teddy walk away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in Roy's room checking his breathing and heart.

"Oh, come on. That was funny" Roy said laughing a little.

"Any joke that starts with an animal walking into a bar is scientifically unfunny"

"Well... humor me, Dr. Anderson. I need something to focus on. I don't know if I'm more nervous about getting new lungs or about actually seeing my daughter"

"Well don't think of it was getting new lungs. Think of it as getting rid of old, crappy lungs"

Roy then looked at the door and saw his daughter standing at the door, and his heart monitor started beeping rhythmically.

"Or don't think at all. Okay, Roy. Take some deep breaths. Okay?" Rebecca said placing the oxygen mask on his face.

"Corinne?" Roy asked once the beeping was back to normal.

"Roy"

Rebecca turned to look at Corinne

"How you been?"

"This week or for the past 20 years?" Corinne asked but then shook her head. "I'm sorry. That was snarky"

"No. No, snarky's good. I like snarky. You get that from me"

Corinne then walked to the other side of Roy's bed. Roy then started to gasp for air.

"Roy? Roy?"

Rebecca was just standing there shocked, she was just frozen in place and couldn't move.

Nurses then ran inside. "Get the crash cart!"