𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟷𝟾

"Some look at life, for their entire life, before they actually see"

                                               —  Nikki Rowe

Rebecca was woken up by her pager going off, and she noticed she had fallen asleep on the couch, and April was lying on top of her with her head on her chest fast asleep.

"April, wake up," Rebecca said gently shaking her awake.

April groaned and slowly lifted her head to look at Rebecca. "What's going on?"

Rebecca sighs. "I don't know but I got 911 which means I have to go"

April nods her head. "Okay, I'll go in a little," she said and sat up so Rebecca could get up.

Rebecca kissed her cheek. "See you later," she said and walked to her room and got ready, and left for the hospital.

April laid back down on the couch and got more comfy when her pager went off. "You got to be kidding me" she groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in the pit when April appeared beside her.

"Apparently they needed me to"

Rebecca looked at her as she put her gloves on. "You could have called me and I would have came back and picked you up"

April shook her head. "It's fine. But could you help tie the gown?"

Rebecca nodded and helped April tie the trauma gown.

"Thank you," April said once she was done tying it.

"You're welcome"

"What the hell happened?" Mark asked walking out to the pit where the others are.

"Car versus trunk. That's all we know"

"And her injuries? What- the baby?"

"We don't know yet," Derek told Mark.

Mark turned to look at Derek. "Well, why-- why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown"

"Mark, you need to sit this one out"

"I'm not sitting this one out. That's Callie. That's my kid" Mark said.

"Which is why you can't. I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one"

"Screw you"

"Sloan"

"Screw all of you," Mark said, looking at all of them, and grabbing a trauma gown from someone who handed it to him and he started to put it on.

"Look at me, Sloan. Look at me" Richard said trying to get Mark to look at him, and once he did he started to speak again. "Maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Callie Torres and that baby are your family, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back. And let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do-- save their lives. Okay?"

"Mark"

"I'm in the room, you hear me?"

"Okay," Richard said with a nod of his head.

"I'm in the room" Mark repeated.

"Okay"

The ambulance then pulled up and parked.

"Hunt, you're in charge"

When Rebecca noticed that a lot of them moved towards the ambulance she stayed behind by the doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca had just gotten home so she could get a change of clothes and other things she would so she could go back to the hospital and stay in an on-call room, just in case they would need her for anything. But when she was about to go to the stairs April appeared behind her from sitting in the living room.

"Wanna watch a movie?"

Rebecca stopped and turned to face her. "I was going back"

April looked at her confused her. "Why? Callie is fine"

"I know but just in case, they need anything"

April sighs. "Then I'm coming with you"

Rebecca looked at her and shook her head. "No, you don't need to"

"And you don't need to either, plus if they need you they will page you and plus your bed is more comfy then the one's at the hospital"

"I know... Sorry April" Rebecca said and went upstairs to some things since she was going to stay at the hospital still.

April sighed and made her way back over to the couch and sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: no

{673}