𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

(𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚙 𝟸𝟸 𝚒𝚜 𝙸𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛)

𝚂𝟼 𝙴𝟸𝟹

'𝙸𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚐𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜'
-𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝚂𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚋𝚢

Rebecca walked up to April and put her arm around her shoulder, which made April look up at her.

"I'm going in" Reed said to Jackson and April.

"No, you can't. It's inappropriate. This is the chief's house. Right Becca?"

Rebecca smirked a little April called her Becca. "No" she said and took April wine glass out of her hand and took a sip. "So, go ahead girl. Get yours"

Reed started to walk away and April hit Rebecca in the shoulder and took her wine glass.

"What?" Rebecca said and looked at her.

April just stared at her.

"Take a picture it will last longer" Rebecca whispered in her ear.

April turned to her head to hide her face so Rebecca couldn't see her blush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was sitting in Derek's office doing some work when April walked in. Rebecca looked up and saw April covered in blood.

"Dr. Kepner"

Rebecca stood up from she was sitting. "Shit are you hurt anywhere?" she asked starting to feel her stomach and sides.

Derek then looked up and got up from his chair and walked closer to the two. "April, what is it?"

"Did you know I-- I grew up on a farm?"

Rebecca then wrapped an arm around after not feeling any wounds or any blood fishing out, which April leaned into Rebecca.

"What happened?" Derek asked.

"I, uh, I grew up on a farm, so, you know, blood-- blood doesn't bother me. I... I slaughtered a pig once. That was a lot of blood bleeding like a stuck pig-- you know, that's a-- that's a saying. To bleed like a pig, you know, it means something. But you. don't-- you don't think of people as having that m--much blood. You learn in med school how many pints we all have in us, but you don't realize it until you see it. You don't get how m--how much blood-- and a skinny person. I mean, my god, Reed, she's--she's-- she, like, almost anorexic. She's like 5 pounds. You--you wouldn't think she'd have that much blood in her, but she--she did. She did. I mean, she--she--"

"April. April. April. April. April. April. Shh. You're in shock. It's all right. Tell us what happened" Rebecca said holding on to April's cheeks and rubbing her thumb across her cheek.

"Reed'a dead. Someone shot her"

April became to sob again and Rebecca pulled her into a hug not caring about the blood getting on her, April hugged her back and hid her face in Rebecca's chest and Rebecca began to play with her hair and looked over her shoulder at Derek with a concerned look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was sitting on the coach with her head in her hands.

"The police are on their way. What's the procedure? You're the head of hospital security. How do you not know? I know it's never happened before. Oh I found it. Lockdow. Nobody moves in or out. Yeah. Nobody moves, nobody breaths until we know what's going on" Derek said and hung up the phone and grabbed a wipe and walked to April. "here" he said and started to wipe the blood off of April's face. "The police are almost here. I'm gonna leave you here when Rebecca. You two gonna be okay?"

"you're leaving? You--You just said that--that nobody leaves, nobody moves, nobody breaths"

"Nobody but me. I'm the chief. This is my hospital"

Rebecca stood up and stood up and walked to stand behind April. "You may be the chief but this is stupid"

"But what if you get shot or--or--"

"I'll be right back. I'm chief" Derek said and walked out shutting the door behind him.

Rebecca ran a hand through her hair and April let out an exhale and backed up a little bumping into Rebecca not knowing she was that close to her, and Rebecca placed her hands on April shoulders and rubbed her thumb on her shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca got up from the couch she was sitting on and started to walk to the door when April grabbed her wrist.

"W-Where a-are you- you g-going?"

Rebecca turned to face her. "going out there"

April tighter her grip a little on Rebecca's wrist. "Y-You c-can't y-you'll g-get s-shot a-a-and I-I d-don't w-want y-you to get s-shot because you might d-d-die"

Rebecca sighed and pulled April into another hug. "April I will be fine and I won't die or get shot"

April hugged her back and hid her face in her neck. "Y-You d-don't know that B-Becca"

Rebecca hugged her a little tighter. "April I will be fine" she said and kissed her head.

April sighed moved her head out of Rebecca's neck and looked at her. "Then I am going with you"

"April--"

"No I am going with you now end of discussion"

Rebecca gave her look and April gave her a look back.

"fine" Rebecca said and walked out of the room with April behind her. But when they walked out and saw Gary had Derek at gunpoint Rebecca kept April behind.

When Derek turned around to face the two because he heard a door shut Gary pulled the trigger and hit Derek in the chest and it made April and Rebecca both jump and April placed her head on Rebecca's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: no

{937}