𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚖

𝚂𝟽 𝙴𝟷𝟷

"While most people think it's our brain that controls our actions, it's often our heart that gets the biggest workout"

                                                        — Unknown

Rebecca was standing behind April with her hand on her shoulder, and she was looking at the TV. But a few seconds of watching the news Rebecca wrapped both arms around April's shoulders and pulled her back so she was against her front, and rested her arms against her chest, and placed her chin on top of April's head.

"A major Seattle-Area shooting... We have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty. That's at Pacific College. We now take you live to our on-scene reporter, students and faculty are still in the building. I'm trying to get some answers, but what we know so far is that a gunman opened fire at Pacific College. And that there are at least a dozen-- I'm sorry? Okay. Okay. There are at least 20 victims" The news reporter said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was standing beside April in the pit waiting for the ambulances to get there so they could help the patients that are coming from the school.

"There are 15 ambulances on the way, maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out" Owen told them.

"People... people... our own trauma is fresh, and we are going to have feelings today, and there is no shame in that. What I want to say is, that what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now, which makes them our brothers and sisters... which makes them fellow travelers, which makes them our own. So to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first. And you're gonna have your feelings later" Webber said to everyone.

When an ambulance pulled up she walked closer to it with April and Webber.

"I got a cop. Michael Fazioli. 28. G.S.W. to the right upper arm and left leg"

"Okay, this one's mine," Webber said.

"Chief Webber"

"Sarge?" Webber asked shocked looking at Sarge who was coming out of the ambulance. "All right. Kenner, Anderson. Ger him to trauma one. Do labs, trauma series, and x-ray this leg arm"

"Okay," April said and helped push the gurney inside.

Rebecca followed them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebecca was in the room with April, Webber, Sarge, and the patient.

"Ah, he's got some blood in his chest, but the bullet's not there. It's not his leg or in his arm. Kepner, Anderson"

"Um... Uh, we should put in a chest tube, and get more studies to see what kind of damage we're dealing with" April said, looking at the X-ray.

Rebecca nodded her head in agreement and helped April on checking him over.

"Is there any chance we can wake him up, while we're waiting for the studies?"