Chapter 2 - The Trio Of Ladies

"God, Mei! When will you learn to shut up?!" (F/n) harshly questioned her co-worker and one out of three of their friend trio, holding her in a headlock during lunchtime. The other woman watched concerningly as the scene unfolded. "We were interacting peacefully until your sorry butt showed up! You could have at least waited!"

Mei screeched in pain like a bird as (F/n) tightened her grip. "I'm sorry! It was an honest mistake, I swear!"

Elizabeta, the Hungarian maid, places a hand on (F/n)'s shoulder. "Take it easy. Believe her, just this once."

She sighed and let the girl go. "I think he was going to ask me something important too..."

"You'll never know now, will you?" Mei teased.

(F/n) shot her a hellish glare which she cowered back, not learning her lesson the first time.

"Calm down. Ask him the next time you see him. You can do that, can't you?" Elizabeta questioned, handing her a finger sandwich on a small plate.

She thanked her. "I don't know... sometimes I can face him, but I freeze up in the worst-case scenario..." She sadly took a bite of her food.

"Come on, (F/n)! Grow a pair you can't biologically have, and tell that blond hunk how you feel! Say, 'Hey, I like you, and we can have the most beautiful babies together! So, marry me and love me forever!" Mei exclaimed before (F/n) slapped a hand over her mouth. Resisting the urge to pierce her fingernails into the girl's clear, porcelain skin. "Okay, I'll stop for real!"

She released Mei. "If it were that easy, I would have done it long ago."

"Slow and steady is my only advice. Time will soon reveal if you two are meant to be." Elizabeta comments, picking up after herself. She frowns slightly. "That is what I would usually say, but word has spread like wildfire about the master's daughter and Arthur." (F/n) and Mei stares at the woman concerningly.

"What is it?" (F/n) asks.

"She's taken a liking to him. Calling him frequently to her living quarters for who knows what reasons." Elizabeta pats her head softly with her free hand. "I'm sorry to say this, (F/n). But Mei is right on this one. Hurry before it's too late, or leave things the way they are."

The bell rang from the outside patio. Signaling break time was over.

"Let's go. We don't want to be late for our duties."

"R-right..." Mei mumbled, getting up and watching (F/n) slowly do the same. "You okay?" The girl questioned, rubbing her arm.

"Half a decade is a long time to continue to stall, isn't it?" She said as she finished her sandwich.

Mei shrugged in response.

"We have a lot to do."

The three walked back, and as they parted in different directions of the house, Mei made (F/n) face her and stated, "You got this. Go and kick her ass, (F/n)!"

She laughs. "Thanks, but I'll try not to. I don't want to get fired." Her smile soon fades as Mei heads off.

Competition is never good...

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')