Epilogue

With a feather duster in hand, (F/n) gently wipes down the wooden wardrobe and the picture frames resting on the surface. As she picks up one of the frames, a smile spreads across her face, and she gazes at the photo from her graduation day at the university. 

The photo captures a moment in time, shortly after Vladimir proposed to his beloved and promised to provide a better life for them, one that would last longer than the span of a human if they played their cards right. 

The couple decided to leave the city behind and embrace a simpler life in the embrace of nature.

Once she finishes the cleaning, (F/n) steps out onto the porch of their wooden cabin, which is nestled deep in the woods, far away from the hustle and bustle of civilization. She lowers herself onto a well-worn rocking chair and takes a moment to soak in her surroundings. 

The air is perfumed with the scent of pine trees, and birds chirping fill the air. She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, feeling at peace with the world around her.

Suddenly, her ear twitches, signaling something nearby and approaching rapidly—or more like someone she's far too familiar with. Opening her eyes again, she meets Vladmir's piercing red eyes peeking in from behind a tree and fully emerges when the girl notices it's him. 

With that same toothy grin, he holds up tonight's dinner. "For us three, my dear~!" The man walks to the porch and greets her with a kiss on her forehead. He kneels down and sets the deceased pheasant aside. Still wearing a smile, he places a hand on her growing belly that carries their forming child. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." (F/n) replies. "But happy." The girl returns the smile and places a hand on the side of his face. "How are things in the inner city?" 

Vladimir sighs while dropping his head before returning it to meet her curious gaze. "Not great, but it's a step in the right direction. More humans are opening up to making peace with other species willing to cooperate." 

(F/n) nods and stares off in the other direction. 

The man senses her inner turmoil and moves into the girl's line of sight. "Our child will be fine, (F/n)..." His facial features soften, and he reaches for her hands. "Especially with the mixed blood they'll possess from the both of us, and we'll be there to guide them in the right direction..." 

Those words put the pregnant woman at ease, not wanting to worry about stressing out the unborn hybrid offspring. 

"You know why?" Vladimir asks, tilting his head to the side. 

"Why?"

"Because the world is changing, and I believe it's for the best..."  

(F/n) stands up and pulls him in for a hug. "Of course, Vlad..." 

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

THE END