Chapter 4 - It's Not True, Right?

(F/n) quietly but cheerfully continued skipping through the halls.

"Thank you for meeting me here again, Artie." A muffled voice said behind closed doors as the girl passed by a room. She carefully walked back and leaned against the wooden walls close by, enough to hear clearly.

Meanwhile inside...

"The pleasure is all mine, Françoise." Arthur gazed at the light brown-haired woman sitting across the room. "What is it you request from me?"

She got up from her seat and walked towards him."Don't be formal with me. You know my intentions, darling~." Her French accent laced her voice.

The teapot trembled within her hold.

Are the rumors true?!

There's no way!

Arthur sighed in response. "I do, my lady. Speaking of, the party is soon. Have you packed your essentials?"

"Yes. The only thing missing is you, my blond beauty. Have you thought about my proposal? Leave this place behind and come with me? We can get married too." Françoise ran her finger up and down his sleeve.

Arthur avoided her stare. "I'm sorry. My final answer is no. I can't be with someone I don't love. You're a good person, but I don't harbor the same feelings you do for me." He removed her hand.

She frowned sadly. "Do you love someone else then?"

He looked into her violet eyes and said confidently, "Yes, I do..."

The woman smirked. "May I know if this person works here in the manor?"

Arthur stayed silent.

"I see..." Françoise said, sitting back down and crossing her legs. "I would hope not. You know the number one rule. Love is forbidden between co-workers." She took a sip from her glass of tinted red wine. "You're dismissed. If you change your mind, you know where to find me. I have plenty of love to go around." She motioned to the door.

The teapot shattered in (F/n)'s grasp, creating a deep gash on her right palm. She abandoned the mess and her fresh wound, running away from the scene in tears, refusing to eavesdrop anymore.

Arthur walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Accidentally stepping on the glass on the carpet. He carefully picked it up and immediately saw blood on it.

Why is love forbidden between us, my dearest (F/n)?

It's frankly the worst form of torture...

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('。• ᵕ •。')