Chapter 3 - Rules Forbid Progression

Why did I think this would be easy?

(F/n) complained, not acknowledging other women would eye down Arthur. She gripped the empty glass teapot in her hands.

Of course, they would!

As she walks through the long corridors of the main estate where she sees a co-worker coming toward her.

Toris Laurinaitis, the Lithuanian butler who planned to work here part-time but decided to stay. He enjoyed the country more than he intended. "(F/n), I'm glad I found you!" He panted out, taking a breather with his hands on his knees.

"Hey, what's going on? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry to bother you during duty, but I'm passing the message to everyone that a farewell party will be held a day from now." Toris hands the girl a sealed envelope.

She opened it and was met with a fancy invitation.

"The master's holding it for his daughter's departure to university in Wales a few days afterward."

"Is that so?" (F/n) said aloud, putting the letter back in the envelope.

"Are you assigned to work that day?" He asks.

"Sadly, but I'll manage. Honestly, I'd rather work than celebrate for someone I barely know. The money will help in the long run too."

Toris nods. "I suppose you're right. I'll be working with you and Arthur than that night."

Her ear perks up, a smile forming on her face. "Looking forward to it."

"Likewise." He replied, bowing slightly. "Again, sorry to detain you. You were the last person on the list. I'll see you later."

(F/n) returned the gesture and moved along.

Friday is going to be amazing!

She slightly jumped off the floor and skipped happily through the halls.

The rumor of her crush and the master's daughter floating around the manor had the girl on edge. But if things were to work out between the two magically, they couldn't be together because of the number one rule...

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('。• ᵕ •。')