Chapter 31: Acceptance

Sebatian's P.O.V

I walked down the stairs to her basement. I could hear the movie as I got closer.

"Cassie?" I called walking over to the couch.

"She's asleep." Jesse whispered.

"What?" I whispered back.

"I thought it was pretty self explanatory."

"Where?"

Jesse pointed his finger to a couch on the opposite side of the room. I stormed I over and saw her lying on a pillow on Danny's lap.

"He's asleep too." Kendall said coming behind me. " I told you nothing would happen."

I put my arm under Cassie's legs and lifted her up, "Well I'm not leaving her down here." I said walking away.

"You are not her father Sebastian." Kendall said following me up the stairs.

"No I'm her older brother, and I'm much worse." I said pausing at the second set of stairs. I could hear her light snoring, she must really be out.

"You can't protect from everything." Kendall said quietly.

"I can try." I said starting up the stairs. I carried her to Kendall's room and placed her gently on the bed. I covered her in blankets and turned to the door way where Kendall was watching me thoughtfully.

"Danny is a good guy." She said uncrossing her arms and leaning on to the doorframe. I walked up to her.

"I know." I said leaning in and kissing her. She kissed back and pushed me against the opposite side of the frame. I pulled away and leaned my forehead against hers.

"I love you, you know that right?" I asked looking into her eyes.

"Yes I know." She replied nuzzling her nose against mine.

                                                                         ****

Opened my eyes and looked down at my chest with had an arm across it. I turned my head to see Jesse snoring loudly into the pillow. I cringed and threw his arm off of me. He mumbled something into the pillow along the lines of his craving for food.

I took my phone off the side table and looked at the time, 9:30. I rubbed my eyes and climbed out of bed. I quietly closed the door to her brother's room and walked into Kendall's. I peered inside and to my surprise both her and Cassie weren't there. I walked down the stairs and started to hear voices coming from the kitchen. As I came closer I finally figured out what they were saying.

"That's fantastic baby!" Her mom shrieked.

I walked in and looked around at everyone's expressions. Lastly laying my eyes on Kendall who looked obviously upset.

"What's going on?" I asked walking in a hugging Kendall.

"She has-"

"Mom!" She snapped. Her mom quickly shut her mouth and looked at me with an unreadable expression which scared me.

"Kendall...." I asked pulling away. She turned and looked at me.

"Let's eat first." She said as if reading my mind.

I quietly watched her and my sister make pancakes. Every time Cassie would make a joke Kendall would laugh but it would never reach her eyes that's when I knew something was up.

"Something smells good."

I turned and watched Jesse wobble over with Danny closer behind. I narrowed my eyes at him and he raised an eyebrow.