Chapter 9: Practice Makes Perfect

Sebastian's P.O.V:  

Today I was set on beating Matty during our treadmill competition. But then out of nowhere he decided that he wanted to do a pull up competition instead.

I am not the most muscular guy. Running I can do, pull ups and weight lifting not so much. Now Matty on the other hand was the complete opposite. Weights and stuff was his area of expertise.

"Okay now we will see who can do the most. Ready? Go!" After the tenth one I was so done, but watching Matty continually pull him self up and over the bar made me feel like I should really try a bit harder.

Five minutes later I was drenched in sweat and breathing hard. "Never. Again." I said in between breaths.

Matty laughed and wiped his forehead with a towel. "Treadmill?" He smirked at me. "Fine. Lets go." I said  still breathing heavy.

We got on to the tredmills. I started at a slow pace still trying to catch my breath. "So Sebastian... what is going on with you and Kendall?" Oh I was fearing this might happen.

"Um.. I don't really know? We don't have to talk about this you guys only broke up yesterday..."

"I know but I just want you to know that its okay if you two get together. The real reason I broke up with her is because I knew how you felt about her and I think she feels the same thing for you."

Well THIS I was not expecting. It made sense now why he was acting so cool about everything.

"How did you know?" I didn't think I was being that obvious.

"Sebastian your my best friend I think I would notice." Its a good thing my face was already red from running.

"Wait hold on. Why would you think Kendall likes me?"

"Oh my god Sebastian you are so clueless. How do you not notice the way she looks at you or the way she smiles when your around?"

Did she really do that? I actually have never noticed before. Wow I feel so stupid.

"Really?" I asked. I still don't believe him.

"Yes, so would you just date already!" Matt really was a good friend.

"I will talk to her as soon as she gets home."

"Good! Take her out for dinner or something. But first you should really take a shower and get changed." Well he was just fully of good ideas.

"Yeah okay I think I will. Thanks man for everything." I smiled. "No problem. I'm just a fantastic match maker," he winked, "Now seriously go take a shower."

Oh shit where was going to take her? Oh well I will just wing it. To the shower.

Kendall's P.O.V: 

I hung up my apron in the back staff room and picked up my stuff. "Come on Kat we are going to miss the bus!" I was actually getting pretty worried. I really didn't want to have to wait another half for the next bus. Finally Kat emerged from the mini kitchen in the back. "Don't worry we won't lets go."

Thank god we made it to the bus on time or else I was going to kill her.

"Sooo Kendall, how are you going to start the conversation?" I was hoping she would forget but no of course not.

"Um I don't know?"  

"OMG Kendall we are going to be at the hotel in like 10 minutes and you don't know what your going to say to him?" She huffed.

"Okay I will pretend to be Sebastian. Ready?" I nodded my head. She let out a cough to clear her throat. 

"Hey Kendall." She said in her best impersonation of Sebastian's voice, she could not do a british accent very well. I burst into laughter.

"That was the worst thing I have ever heard in my whole life!" Tears were forming I was laughing so hard. I looked up to Kat who had a stern look on her face.

"Kendall concentrate!" I nodded my head and took in a breath.

"Hi Sebastian I think we need to talk?" She grinned.

"Sure what is it you want to talk about." I maintained a straight face even though I was going to laugh again.

"I think we need to talk about us?" Kat gave me an unapproving look

"Really? I think we need to talk about us?" Now she tried to impersonate my voice.

"I don't know? What should I say?" She rolled her eyes.

"Well definitely not that! Say something like...we have been best friends for a really long time but I think I want to be something more than friends." My eyes widened, was that what I really wanted?

"Well that was deep." She grinned

"I try" She replied. "

Okay well that is good. But what if he doesn't want to date me?" She shook her head and put her face into her hands.

"OH MY GOD KENDALL!! He wants to date you he has always liked you dumbass. It been you who hasn't excepted your feelings for him!"

Wow Kat was really deep and knowledgeable today. The bus stopped in front of the hotel and we walked off. "It's snowing!" Kat hopped around. She loves snow. She never saw it that much back in California so she always gets excited when she sees it here.

I clicked the buttons in the elevator so we would get to my floor. "Alright Kendall this is it." Kat said.

DING.

The elevators doors opened and we were facing the door to the penthouse. This is it, go big or go home. We walked through the door and there was Sebastian sitting on the couch. I took in a deep breath.

"Sebastian we need to talk."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like it? Hate it? Don't forget to comment and vote :) And thank you for all the reads