Chapter 36: Lies

Dedicated to @unexposedscars because she made the amazing trailer and cover for this book :) check out the trailer to the side ->

l Sebastian l

I started to choke on air. Did she just say engaged? Her eyes widened and she rushed over to me.

"Sebastian are you okay?" She asked taking my face in her hands. I stared at her in disbelief. Engaged? She was engaged.

"Who?" I asked.

"Who what?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Who were you engaged to?" I snapped.

"Some guy..." She trailed off rubbing the back of her neck with her hand.

"Some guy?" I scoffed. "he must of been more then some guy if you were engaged to him!" I said raising my voice.

"See this is why I didn't tell you!" She exclaimed throwing her arms up. "You always get mad and start a fight!"

"I'm not mad!" I lied.

"Really?" She asked raising an eyebrow and folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm going to bed." I grumbled.

"I knew it!" She yelled. I started to walked away. Engaged. I can't believe this. She put her arm on my shoulder and I froze.

'Sebastian." She said quietly. I turned around and glared at her.

"I really don't want to fight with you please. Last time we fought like this, we broke up. And I-I can't do that again." She said choking on her words.

My glare softened and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I know, I'm sorry. It was just kind of a shock that you were-"

"Engaged." She cut in.

I put my hand to the back of my head, "Yeah."

"I know." She said softly.

l Kendall l

*Flashback*

"Grab a jacket." Mason instructed.

"A jacket? I thought we were just going to the club?" I questioned walking towards the closet.

"Change of plans." He shrugged. I looked at him sceptically before grabbing a coat.

*   *   * 

"So how was class today?" Mason asked as we drove. 

 "Same old, same old." I replied looking out the window. I looked over to him.

He's acting so weird today....

"Hey Mason are you alright?" I asked.

He glanced at me, "Yeah of course." He said with a forced laugh. He went back to nervously tapping the steering wheel with his fingertips.

He pulled us into the parking lot of city Central Park that was colourfully lit with lights for Christmas. He walked over to my side and opened the door.

"What are we doing to here?" I asked looking around.

"It's a surprise." He said taking my hand.

We walked hand and hand over to a horse drawn carriage.

"Oh my god horses!" I exclaimed. "Can I pet it?" I asked the driver. He chuckled and nodded. I squealed in excitement and began to pet the horse. I smiled as I pet it mane delicately.