chapter 20

My POV

I woke up still nuzzled into kabuto's chest, his arms wrapped around me protectively, our bare chests against each other. I buried my face into his neck, crying inside, I felt a pain in my chest I hadn't felt for years until now. This pain was worse than the torture from deidara, worse than a kunai slowly cutting my skin, worse than mounds of salt being poured into a large wound.

I put on a good show.......don't I? I asked myself. I can be feeling so much pain and sadness, yet I can still bare a smile to mask the odor of sadness. I've always been pretending. Always awaited to live a life worth living, but now that I am.....I didn't think I'd still bare this burden of sadness. Nor did I think I'd be baring it alone. I had at leased thought my mother would love me here. Kabuto shifted but he wasn't awake. But she hasn't changed at all. She still hates me, even when she's witnessed the things I can do, the power I have, how dependable and responsible and reliable I can be. I gave her everything even though I hated her. Yet she took me for granted, every second of my life only using me as a pawn in her game to get money and power. She's no better than madara. All he wants is power, control over the leaf and the tailed beasts.

I slid out of bed unnoticed, it was only just before sunrise and kabuto didn't wake up. I grabbed the robe and slid my arms into the sleeves, I picked up the two halves of my other shirt and threw them into the trash, who needs shredded clothes? I went to the dresser and picked a black shirt and black jeans. The shirt had an uchiha crest on the back, which I wanted to show proudly. But instead I pulled on a black sweatshirt and pulled over the hood.

Next I pulled on my boots by the door and opened it. Dim blue tinted the surrounding houses but everything was a purplish on the right side of my vision. I closed my right eye and began walking, no running to the gate. I needed to find my mother. Whether I wanted to or not I had to make sure she was safe, that she could live in this world of ninjas and monsters and murderers. Unlike me my mother might walk up to an akatsuki member and shout out who she is blindly knowing they could kill her with a simple hand sign. And unlike me she wouldn't be able to protect herself. I reached the gate but was stopped, by alvrea.

(Sorry it was short my lovelies!)