chapter 14

Kabuto? Kabuto! Kabuto help me! I screamed in my thoughts. "Kabuto!!!!!"
His voice grew louder but I couldn't tell where it came from. I kept calling out to him. Until a new, high pitched, and quite annoying voice rang in the black void.

Mom! I thought coughing dust. Mom!

Kabuto POV

Kabuto got to the village and went straight to the hospital. Only to be stopped by dawn. Elizabeth's mother.

"Who is she?" She asked.

"Just try to keep up. I need to get her to the hospital!" Kabuto said urgently as other ninja gathered. Frightful looks on their faces.

"But why should I care about-"

Kabuto interrupted dawn sternly, "you're tellung me you don't recognize your daughter?!?!" He scolded. "Just come on!"

Dawn stood horrified but kabuto didn't stay as he sped to the hospital. When he got there tsunade was waiting.

"Her heart rate is dropping rapidly!" Kabuto warned. "She needs treatment now!"

Tsunade nodded as she and kabuto, carrying Elizabeth, fled up stairs and down halls to a room. There they tried to restore her chakra channels with a jutsu. Elizabeth was strong and though she sustained a ton of injuries, when fully recovered she just might be able to still be a ninja.

Tsunade and kabuto kept at the jutsu for a few days before it was finally complete. Tsunade knelt to the floor and kabuto fell to one knee, both breathing heavily.

"Done...." Kabuto muttered.

"We need rest. You go to her house and explain the situation with everyone." Tsunade huffed.

Kabuto nodded and sluggishly made his way to the door. When he exited he found half the leaf shinobi in the hallway.

"She's some what stable and needs rest. Do not go in. I will explain what I can later. I have little chakra left so I must rest." Kabuto explained.

A girl kabuto remembered to be zethira stepped to the front. "Come to our place. You can rest there."

Kabuto nodded thanks and left, following a calmish zethira and a horrified dawn.

Kabuto woke up the next morning worried and recovered from his loss of chakra. He grabbed his glasses from the nightstand to find a note.

Kabuto, though we haven't known each other long I just want to say thank you. I'm saying this through a note because right now I'm in tears and can't speak well. So I wrote this. Thank you kabuto, because without you elizabeth probably wouldn't have made it home alive. If you ever need a thing, don't hesitate to ask.

Zethira...

Kabuto read the note and set it back on the table. She said she was in tears. Well it doesn't come to surprise me. I do hope elizabeth recovers soon. Kabuto thought. I also hope she remembers everything.

A soft knock was heard at kabutos door and he called to let the person in.

"I came to see if you were up..." Zethira said. Her eyes were red, probably from crying.

"I read your note." Kabuto said to her. "You don't need to thank me. If anything I've caused her more pain than help really."

"No you haven't!" Zethira said quickly. "If not for you she would've surely died! If not for you she-"

Kabuto cut zethira off, "if not for me sasuke wouldn't have hit her. If not for me she wouldn't have been captured and tortured, if not for me she wouldn't be dying!" He said sternly, yet gently in a way.

Zethira POV

Kabuto.......your so filled with guilt. Zethira thought. She may no little to nothing about this world but she knew enough to know this:

Elizabeth truly belonged here. Even if that meant she'd die earlier than expected she'd die with a smile on her face. Because she had a good death.

I won't let her die this way. Zethira said remembering the promise she made.

Flashback in the other world

Clare had been her name. She looked at her best Friend's body on the table one last time before it would be cremated.

"It was a pitiful death." Clare said as she held back her tears. "If I see her in another world I swear I'll never let her have a pitiful death again."

End of flashback, back to the naruto world

I promised. I promised I wouldn't let her die pitifully. I promise. Zethira thought as a few tears escaped her eyes.

"Here." Kabuto said holding out the box of tissues. "I can't stand it when people cry. It gets annoying."

Zethira took the tissues and wiped her eyes. "Thank you. Kabuto."

"Whatever. I'm going to check on elizabeth. You're free to join me." Kabuto said.

"Thanks." Zethira said. She then left the room.