chapter 5

I woke up still in kabutos arms. So it wasn't a dream.......I thought as I could hear the gentle rise and fall of his breath. I closed my eyes but stayed awake, I felt so safe with kabuto I forgot about all the pain I went through. I tried to move my legs but I forgot they were broken and so I couldn't move them. But then my mind ran to shamari.

Shamari....I wish you were here. I wish I never had to kill you.....

I cried into kabutos sleeping chest. Remembering shamari always brought tears to my face. Sobbing quietly I grasped his shirt.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

I stopped crying but the tears remained. "I remember her...." I said quietly.

"Her?" Kabuto asked me.

"Shamari. The girl I had to kill.....she was my most dear friend...." I said sorrowfully. "I miss her...."

I felt a pang of bad pain in my chest. "Its alright." Kabuto whispered holding me close to him.

"Why does it hurt so much?" I asked. "I miss her but it hurts so much...." I sobbed again.

Kabuto didn't answer. He only held me close to him and let me cry into his chest. We stayed that way for a while.

Over to kabuto

Elizabeth cried in his shoulder for what seemed to be an hour. He held her close until her quiet crying silenced and she was asleep again. Kabuto sighed at the sorrow she must've felt. Her cold body shifted, moving closer to him, if it were possible, and through his shirt kabuto felt cold from her touch. Suddenly he remembered something he'd had kept in one of his pocket the akatsuki didn't search. He pulled out a tiny bottle with a red liquid.

Lord oruchimarus blood. The blood from the remains of his true form. He thought. With an injection if his DNA she might be able to recover faster. But her body could also start to rot away and decay. It could go either way, but with chances like that I'll not risk it.

Kabuto put the bottle away. He could see Elizabeth's sleeping face and, thanks to his love for her, his mind said it looked angelic. Even with all the bruises he saw passed the injuries, and he saw passed the pain. What he saw was a girl, no a warrior, with an angelic sleeping face. And just by seeing this, kabuto knew, that he loved her.

He let out a small sigh, "why me of all people?" He murmured. This question kept appearing in his mind unanswered and that annoyed him. He saw her arm and faintly found the manipulation mark. He soon looked at his hand and saw it there as well.

But what shocked kabuto was when the seal began to fade away on both of them. Quickly he sat up, waking elizabeth.

"Mmph." She groaned as she woke up. She turned her head to him, "what's wrong?"

"The seal mark, its fading." Kabuto answered. He gently held up her arm and showed the fading mark. "I don't know why but its going away."

"Maybe the seal is broken." Elizabeth said in a hopeful tone. "Maybe we won't die of the poison."

"I can't feel any traces of any poison that might be in my system." Kabuto said. His expression soon became a sad one.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." Kabuto looked at the ground.

"Sorry for what?" Elizabeth held her cold hand to kabutos cheek.

"I can't help your injuries. They need to heal on their own. I can't help." He said full of guilt.

"Kabuto......" She replied. "Your of most help. Healing me is the leased of my worries. All I want....." She leaned forward somehow and hugged kabuto. "All I need is you with me to help me face it."

Kabuto wrapped his own arms around her and he buried his face into her bruised neck. Somehow she always found the right words to help him through stuff like guilt, depression, or any emotion. Kabuto didn't even realize a tear had found its escape from his eye until the last second.

Back to me now

I rested my head on kabutos shoulder and held him tight as my arms would let.  I was shocked when a tear landed on my neck and ran down my back. But I stayed calm, I'm safe. Truly safe. I thought as I held onto him. And a realization came to me:

This man, this polite and gentle man. Though sometimes a bit harsh he's nice and a good person.

And I loved him. I love him now...