chapter 21

"Alvrea, I'm sorry. I need to find my mother. I can't just leave her to die. I couldn't bare with that thought." I told the gray wolf. Her black pup appeared from behind her.

"Midnight will go with you. She shares a portion of our bond but I must care for takine and firroth. My duties here prevent me from joining you. Midnight is the eldest and most reliable of my 3. She will protect and guide you." Alvrea explained. "Go on little one."

Midnight hesitated but walked over to me. I picked her up and held her, midnight soon licked my face. I gave out a smile and slight chuckle.

"Thank you alvrea. I'll not forget this." I said to the wolf.

"I'm pleased to help my familiar in any way possible." Alvrea bowed, "until we meet again."

With this good bye I left, the little wolf pup in my arms she buried her black face into my chest. By then I was too late, flying through the trees as the sun arose on the horizon.

I've probably lost kabuto now. I left him without leaving a trace of myself behind. And just after I had pleaded he never leave me. I thought in guilt. But I abandon him instead. I'm a terrible person. A horrible being.

Midnight could tell I was sad as I stopped on a big branch. She leaped from my arms as I leaned my back against the trees trunk, sliding down into a sitting position. I began crying. Midnight came over to me And licked my cheek in an attempt to calm me from my sobs. I got back up and wiped my face away of the tears and looked on.

"I can't cry now. It'd be no use crying at this time. If I cry now, I waste time finding my mother." I said to myself as the trees looked like they were on fire. I looked over at midnight, who gave me a wolfish smile and we both started flying through the trees. Ending up at the first village I stopped. Midnight stopped beside me.

While leaping from roof to roof with stealth I searched the alleyways. In one I found the most horrifying sight. A black figure, with red clouds on the cloak. He had blonde hair.

Deidara!! I thought terrified as he seemed to be stalking someone. When I followed where his gaze seemed to be traveling I saw he was watching a woman. My mother.

I can't do anything. I don't have my sword, I have little to no weapons and my chakra control is all screwed up. I couldn't possibly win against him. Maybe if I wait, follow my mother, maybe I could sneak into wherever she is living and save her. I thought. I followed my mother for a while. Almost 3 hours before she entered an apartment. But she was with someone, that someone was....

My father.

Dad! I thought wanting to burst through the door. But I kept my cool. Instead I snuck around to the back of the apartment and got through a window hopefully unnoticed by deidara. I heard my mother and father talking, not fighting, in the living room. Curious I listened in, keeping midnight close.