𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 21

*
"He made the Devil so much stronger than a man. (Mea Maxima Culpa)"

**
Main Street

Meanwhile, at Night Raven College

"Look how late it is. All that prep for the Halloween Party took forever." Ace sighed in exhaustion as he walked down the Main Street after having finished decorating for Halloween with the help from Jack and other students. "Maaan. Wonder what the guys at the Fleur City social are up to right now. Especially Lil' Rabbit...wonder how she's handling it."

"They're probably sound asleep after a fun day of eating good food and fancy sightseeing like the headmage described." Jack says. "I could stand to go to bed myself... *yawn*" he yawned tiredly.

"Augh, MUST BE NICE. Meanwhile, look at us over here..." Ace frowned. "Putting up fun decorations all over school... Stuffin' our faces with candy... And then to top it all off, we get to party down and have a blast. Yup, same ol' Halloween." he beamed excitedly.

"Haha, sounds like you're having a good enough time." Jack chuckled.

"Well, sure. But vacations are cool in a whole different way, y'know?" Ace stated. "I'm so jealous that Deuce and the other guys get to live it up in Fleur City with Lil Rabbit!" he exclaimed in jealousy.

Oh if only he knew about the crisis that the send group is suffering from...

*
Noble Bell College - Lecture Hall

"HRAAAGH!" Deuce had punched the flowers who were bundling up in student's cloaks back. "*huff, huff* Sweat's running down my forehead and getting in my eyes..." he panted out, rubbing the sweat from his forehead before turning over to Rook. "You okay over there, Rook?!"

"I'm fine, thank you, Deuce. Your full-body tackle is a marvel to behold. Bravo!" Rook praised, sweating as well from exhaustion and the battle between the firelotuses. "But these firelotuses are quite formidable in large numbers. We're barely making a dent in them."

"Yeah, and I'm not sure I can keep dodging them much longer." Deuce bemoaned.

"I fear I too no longer possess the reserves to wither them." Rook breathed out. "Would that we could move the students supplying them with nourishment. But there are so many of them, and only two of us."

"......" Deuce frowned.

"Do not be afraid, Deuce. I'll protect you." Rook assured. "And I shall go out with a beautiful bang!"