𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 24

*
"Destroy Esmeralda!"

**
Noble Bell College - Bell Tower Interior

"The gargoyle..." Azul gaped.

"TALKED?!?!"

"Of course it talks..." Y/n bluntly says. "Why, you didn't know...?"

"Of course, we didn't!" Azul and Idia exclaimed.

"Sure I talk. I'm a gargoyle at Noble Bell College, an arcane academy." The Gargoyle snarkly says. "I've been watchin' over the school and Fleur City from the bell tower for eons now."

"For that long huh..." Y/n mumbled.

"Wait, so you're like the talking paintings at Night Raven College?!" Idia asked, completely flabbergasted.

"I knew I wasn't just seeing things when I saw the gargoyle move earlier today!" Azul remembered. "There, you see? I was right, and you were wrong." he bragged.

"Was it necessary to boost...?" Y/n bluntly asked.

"Uh-huh, sure, whatever you say... Ah!" Idia yelped when he noticed that Malleus was completely froze in shock. "Um, Malleus? You okay there?"

"......" Malleus only blinked.

"What's the matter, Malleus? You've been staring at the gargoyle in silence." Azul asked in worry. "Considering your enthusiasm for them, I thought you would be jumping for joy by now."

"Oh nooo! Nononononooo! You've got it all wrong." Idia says. "From Malleus's perspective, the object of his hyperfixation just revealed a completely unexpected side of itself.It's possible he's got reality whiplash, and he's all like, 'The gargoyles I love don't move! This isn't accurate to my headcanon!'"

"So people will just deny reality if it doesn't match some ideal they've conjured up in their minds? That's absurd." Azul dumbfounded.

"......" Malleus still didn't say anything.

"Hornton...?" Y/n called out, staring back at Malleus.

"His silence does give me an ominous feeling of déjà vu... Is he going to let out another angry burst of magic?!" Azul yelped, backing up in fear along with Idia.

"Heeey, that's a nice set of horns. Completely unique from my friend here." The gargoyle says, gesturing over to Y/n as he poked her horns. "I got 'em too, see? We should hang out."

"......"

"C'mon, let's be pals!" The gargoyle says, hopping closer to Malleus and nudged him in a friendly manner while holding onto Y/n.

"NOOOOOO!" Idia screamed.

"Yeek! What kind of reckless fool NUDGES Malleus Draconia!" Azul shrieked.

"Hellooo? Can ya hear me?" The gargoyle says, continuing on Malleus who just stood there stonefaced.

"Hornton!" Y/n shouted, waving a hand in front of Malleus's face. That seamed to have broken him out of his trance.