𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20

*
"It's not my fault (mea culpa) If in God's plan (mea culpa)"

**
Noble Bell College - Courtyard

The firelotues soon and rather quickly spread throughout the area of the courtyard

"Eeep! The firelotuses are multiplying at ludicrous speed!" Idia shrieked as Malleus and Y/n narrowed their eyes at the flowers.

"Is everyone all right?" Malleus asked, pulling Y/n close to him as she covered her nose and mouth with her handkerchief.

"NO, NOT IN THE LEAST!" Ruggie shouted.

Everyone turned to see Ruggie and Jamil from afar, widening their eyes in surprise to see so many flowers around them. "Zut alors, Ruggie and Jamil have become quite separated from us!" Rook yelped.

"They're surrounded by flowers..." Y/n mumbled, coldly glaring at the flowers.

"We could go to their rescue, but it would take an inordinate amount of time to clear that many blooms..." Sebek says.

"...Fine, so be it." Jamil muttered. "Forget about us and keep going!" he suddenly demanded.

"What?!" Silver gasped.

"...Yeah, that's gotta be the play." Ruggie stated.

"You can't expect us to leave you here!" Deuce shouted. "It'd be totally shameful if we just ditched our teammates!"

"This is no time to get hung up on worthless stuff like honor or team spirit!" Ruggie shouted back. "Or have you forgotten what Malleus said? Our only goal is for someone to ring the bell. If you guys stop to help us, we all lose, guaranteed. So you gotta pick the play that has a chance of winning, even if it's slim!" he informed.

"Jamil... Ruggie..." Azul frowned. "Are you sure about this? Will you promise in front of everyone here that you won't hold this over our heads and demand recompense later?"

"That's your main priority....?" Y/n dumbfounded questioned.

"The whole city's being overrun and THAT'S what you care about?" Jamil questioned, him and Ruggie also dumbfounded.

"The man sticks to his brand, I guess..." Ruggie grumbled.

"Fine, whatever! I promise we expect nothing in return, and this was an optimal choice that we made voluntarily!" Jamil shouted in reassuringly. "Are we good now? Get going—and don't even think about squandering our sacrifice."